• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open PD'f.

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to open my pdf's. I have microsoft for my imac and I use outlook. I have Adobe acrobat reader dc. Sometimes they appear in in layers. Adobe said they do not have customer support for DC and I have to ask here. I am not real savvy with this and looking for a quick fix. Do i need DC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Tiffini5E72 

Apologies for answering so late after you posted.

How did you make the PDFs? Since you have only the free Reader and not Adobe Acrobat, they may not be Adobe PDFs.

• If you made them from Microsoft, they are Microsoft PDFs
  • If you made them from the Mac's Print button, the were made with Quartz

All you are using Adobe Reader for is to try to open a PDF that was most likely not made by Adobe and may be corrupted.

Try another viewer, such as Preview that comes with macOS. Can you open them there? Can you open them in Word?

You might also post the error message you get when you try to open them and fail.

If you think you need to purchase Acrobat Pro, start with the trial to see if it solves your issue, and cancel if it does not.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines