• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print PDFs since automatic update to Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problems printing PDFs on my Windows 10 64-bit laptop using Acrobat Reader DC 32-bit (and I can still print the same PDFs on my Windows 10 32-bit PC using Acrobat Reader DC 32-bit). After the automatic update to Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit, I get the not-very-informative errors “The document could not be printed.” and “An error occurred while printing the document.” I am printing to a Brother DCP-330C printer connected by USB cable directly to laptop (or PC). I've tried uninstalling Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit from my laptop and re-installing Acrobat Reader DC 32-bit and now I can't print from the 32-bit version either. Please help, someone. Thank you. Graeme

PS I believe the 64-bit version has only been rolled out in Australia and New Zealand - thanks Adobe, for using us as Guinea pigs for a product that doesn't work 😞

TOPICS
Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks to everyone for your patience and for your cooperation.

Acrobat & Reader DC October updates are live now containing the fix, please install the latest update from the help menu of the app>select check for updates, reboot the machine if possible after the update and check the functionality. 

For more details about the release, please see this: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - October' 21 updates are Live!

Let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear AnandSri,

Thank you for your reply. I seem to have solved the issue thanks to a
suggestion a grandson of mine made, I switched from Firefox to Chrome, I
removed the Adobe reader program and re-installed Adobe Acrobat and then
re-booted my PC. I tried printing a PDF file and it worked! I have it
working just in time as just I received an important email with 3 PDF
attachments which I really needed to print and all three printed just fine.

I wanted to go back to Firefox since I have so much stored there so I hope
that I can still use Firefox rather than use the unfamiliar (to me)
Chrome. So far Firefox seems to still be working.

I am not sure which step resolved the issue. I had tried deleting Adobe
and re-installing it before without success so maybe the installation
didn't like Firefox but preferred Chrome? Anyway, the bottom line is that
now I can print PDF files!

Best regards,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bob27192706323x Glad to hear that the issue got fixed and you are back on track. 

Feel free to contact us if you experience problems with the Adobe app.

Thanks,

Anand Sri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is more than 1 month after this was posted.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled.I've updated. I've adjusted printer properties and even uninstalled and reinstalled the print drivers.

I am attaching 2 files. "2020 RFE reward cards - 1 up.pdf" which can print, and "2020 RFE reward cards - 4 up.pdf" which can't print. The 4 up was made using the 1 up file.

This is using the latest Acrobat DC sending to a Canon ImageRunner 8595. I welcome adobe to schedule time to talk with me about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a printshop so I'm printing PDF files that I have saved year after year. Just opened a file from 10/01/2019 that won't print through Acrobat DC to a Ricoh, but I can print it through a different PDF printer. No change in the file, never had any problem with it until now. Because this is marked as 'solved' even though it isn't actually solved, does that mean Adobe ignores it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the exact issue, and i do search in google and find solutions. But in here i am seeing that its really easier to find the answeres related to my Adobe products!

Thanks to the mod and admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having this problem on my Dell Inspiron 7306 laptop and my HP 3800 ink jet printer.  I am running Windows 11.  Same exact problem where fillable legal sized documents give the message that they can not be printed and then it prints the same number of pages of blank paper.

I used the work around suggested changing the size of paper from the lower settings button.  This seems to work sometimes.  There are no new updates available.  I am using Acrobat Reader DC continuous release version 2022.001.20169 64 bit

Has a resolution been found for this problem?  I just started having the problem two days ago so I guess it was some automatic update that did it.  Thanks everyone,  Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had issues recently too sinve July update

Tech support have just discovered that it is a paper size issue and the driver is not receiving the correct instructions

This was for me anyway.

Try setting your printer output document size up as a custom size rather than using the preset size, doesnt like ISO sizes for instance.

Might not be the same fault.

Also try the switch off the auto orientation option and select landscape, never used to work in portrait for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines