• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save PDF files locally on Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on File/Save As a blank window pops up. I no longer can select where I want to save a document, or the name of the document. I tried repairing Adobi Acrobat Reader, but that didn't help.  I also cleared the Adobe Reader Search Cache.  My only solution is to print the document to PDF.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to save the PDF file and getting the blank save as window.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to help > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also you may try to go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General , Unc

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Miss one action. It is now working OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to save the PDF file and getting the blank save as window.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to help > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also you may try to go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General , Uncheck 'Show online storage when saving files' and 'Show online storage when opening files' > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The software was on a current version but I did make the suggested modifications and I believe it has resolved the problem.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using the latest version of Acrobat Pro (21.007.20099) on a Windows Server 2016 (10.0.14393 Build: 14393) and have unchecked the boxes for 'Show online storage when saving files' and 'Show online storage when opening files'.  We have also unchecked the box for We are still getting the blank screen when trying to save.  We have allowed exceptions to all the Adobe processes in the antivirus software.  We have scoured the community posts and tried everything except uninstalling and reinstalling the program, which is the next step.  The only short-term solution we have found so far, is to stop all the Adobe processes in the Task Manager on the server.  This puts a band-aid on the problem for about 24 hours.  The the problem continues to comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.  This issue is reported to our engineering team and they are working on it to find the fix.

We will share the update as soon as we will hear anything form them.

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done and checked everything above and am in the same position. Windows 8.1. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Miss one action. It is now working OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines