• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to sign a PDF on macOS High Sierra - lost password

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find my password to sign a PDF on macOS High Sierra. I am unable to sign a PDF on Adobe Reader XI. I created a Digital ID and trusted Certificate settings on January 12, 2021.

I am stuck. Please help me

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dino,

From the description given above, if we understand correctly then you are unable to locate the password for your Digital Signature. Is that right?

Or is this a case where your PDF file is password protected and you have forgotten it?

In first scenario, a Digital Signature password can't be recovered if lost. Adobe doesn't have any record of the users password.

What best we can suggest here is to create a new Digital ID and remove the existing one. Or, even you can create the new one without having it to delete the existing one.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/digital-ids.html#delete_your_digital_id 

Note:

If you have forgotten the password, you cannot delete the ID from here. When you click Remove ID, the Acrobat Security dialog box shows the complete location of the digital ID file. Go to the location, delete the file, and then relaunch Acrobat. The ID is removed from the list.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akancha,

Thank-you so much for reply. It is very thoughtful of you because I was pretty discouraged and had now way out of that digital labyrinth.

I had no password for my Digital ID becaue when I set it on January 12th, 2021 there was none given or asked to decide create. Anyway, it was created and registered on my computer automatically through various steps.

Thanks again for the solutions link, but I had decided to solve my problem by uninstalling the PDF reader I had because I was 4 hours fed up, hopeless and unhappy with Adobe not offering a help chat or phone number. So, I removed my Adobe Acrotbat Reader XI (11) and reinstalled the new version Adobe Acrotbat Reader DC and then added a new Digital ID. Again no password was asked to be created when I followed the steps to create an authentication signature on a PDF I had to sign.

I will keep this link for futur needs that I am positive will be required when I am unable to sign a futre PDF.

Most kind of you.

Dino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Dino5E55 wrote:

I am unable to sign a PDF on Adobe Reader XI.

Moved from Acrobat to Adobe Acrobat Reader.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines