• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update Acrobat due to programs running

Participant ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am having trouble updating Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader on my Windows-based PC. I recently got the update that broke PDF thumbnail generation and saw that the latest update fixes it. However, I am unable to update due to a program running and it increasingly demanding unmeetable demands. First it says because Acrobat is open, then it says because Sticky Notes are open, then it says because and folder in Explorer is open, and then finally "Prrogram Manager", whatever that is.

I am on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2021.001.20138. I am on Windows 10 OS build 17763.1757. I've tried restarting my computer and the same issue persists. What can I do about this to get my issue resolved? This is on a company laptop and I did not run into this issue on another company computer.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Can you please try again to update Acrobat from Acrobat Help\Check for updates menu?

This issue has been fixed yesterday. Note that you will likely be asked to close Acrobat to proceed with Update, but you should not be asked to close any other unexpected applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try again to update Acrobat from Acrobat Help\Check for updates menu?

This issue has been fixed yesterday. Note that you will likely be asked to close Acrobat to proceed with Update, but you should not be asked to close any other unexpected applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that did it. I am on version 21.001.20142 now and everything is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines