• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unattended installation Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Chrome Extension

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are in the process of switching from Internet Explorer to Chrome as the default browser on all our workstations. One of the challenges we are facing is the integration of Chrome with our SharePoint environment. One of the issues is the possibility to open a pdf-file for commenting and/or signing while maintaining the connection with the SharePoint library it is in.

A possible solution for this problem is provided by the Adobe Acrobat for Chrome, as described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/open-in-acrobat-reader-from-chrome.html. Initial tests prove that the functionality provided by the extension in combination with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is exactly what we are looking for. However, it only functions when Adobe Acrobat DC is installed through the website with admin-privileges, which is kind of a kerfuffle when it needs to be installed on 500+ workstations.

I have been looking for a guide to help me install the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, including the extension for Chrome, in a managed environment. Unfortunately I have not been able to find such a guide.

Does anyone have experience with installing the Reader including the Chrome Extension unattendedly and is willing to share their solutions?

TOPICS
Download and install , PDF and browsers , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Share or review PDFs , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently I have found the solution to my problem.

1. Install the Adobe Reader DC from the website, enabling the Chrome Extension
2. The setup files will be placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Setup, copy those before the installation finishes.

It should contain the msp: AcroRdrDCUpd2100120145.msp (or higher).

Now run the setup using the following command: setup.exe /sAll /re /msi OWNERSHIP_STATE=1 UPDATE_MODE=3 EULA_ACCEPT=YES PRODUCT_SOURCE=ACDC ENABLE_CHROMEEXT=1 DISABLE_CACHE=1

This also works with an Application deployment in SCCM.

It turned out that the Group Policy for Google Chrome blocked the installation and use of the Adobe Acrobat extension. Not quite sure yet which specific setting is the culprit but that is not installation related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines