Unexpected Adobe Reader asks for ID confirmation on start up

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm wondering if this is genuine or not?   This morning when I started my computer a Pop up saying it was from Adobe asked me to confirm the last four digits of my phone number (a number I no longer have access to) When I confirmed my old number (as that is all I thought it wanted) it  said it had sent a code to that number, as I've no access to that number I chose to confirm via e-mail. So it sent code to my e-mail. After entering the code sent to my e-mail it asked for my Adobe password.   I started getting suspicious and so I didn't enter my password and tried to close the pop up confirmation box but it keeps popping up all the time. I cannot get rid of it even after restart. Is this genuine or not?  And why did that pop up have Emily (and a surname) half obscured at the bottom and now I've restarted it says Lincoln and next to that I can just make out the surname this time which is  Bradley ?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?