• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Reader DC

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have tried to install reader DC on my W10 PC. It didnt finish. I have tried to uninstall it using the Windows tool but it could not find the file. I tried to reinstall but it said you have the latest version but it would not load. I have manually deleted the adobe folders but cannot uninstall or reinstall or read pdf's! I am stuck. Any help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Hi chris64812900,

Could you please try removing the traces of Reader's installation using Cleaner tool which can be downloaded from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs ,

Restart the computer.

Install Reader DC from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

(select your operating system, language, and version from the drop-down list).

Let me know if there is any issue while installing the application.

Thank You,
Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chris64812900,

Could you please try removing the traces of Reader's installation using Cleaner tool which can be downloaded from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs ,

Restart the computer.

Install Reader DC from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

(select your operating system, language, and version from the drop-down list).

Let me know if there is any issue while installing the application.

Thank You,
Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an alternative way to do this if you keep getting 1007 error and still will not uninstall

Adobe updates and uninstall solved For Windows 10

1/ Go to - settings
/ Update & security / Windows update / Advanced Options

2/ When in Advance Options ... tick the box for - " give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update windows "

3/ restart your pc

4/ go to adobe help  and click " Repair installation " and let it run repair.  

(you may want to try step 6 first just in case it works without having to do this step )

5/ restart again

6/ then when still in adobe help click on " Check for Updates"  and   Adobe should update ...

7/ restart again

8/ Go to “ Control Panel “ select “ Uninstall program “

9/  Select Adobe reader dc and then uninstall ….  (or use the uninstall tool)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at #4 - Adobe doesn't have a "help" on their website - it has support, but there is no option to "repair installation". I searched their entire site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am facing the same issue. And not able to open. Kindly support quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cleaner page does not exist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Erica22730682h4jm Hi,

Sorry for the trouble. You may choose to run the cleaner tool for your version of the application from the given link: AcroCleaner — Acrobat Desktop Tools and Utilities (adobe.com)

Once cleaned, you might want to restart your computer once and then download the application from the given link: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Download | Free PDF viewer for Windows, Mac OS, Android

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I used the adobe cleaner that you listed in the response above.  It removed it from the "install/uninstall programs" from the control panel, so it's not listed as a program, but it's still in the (program files x896) and WILL NOT  remove, even when I log in as admin. 

I can't reinstall because it says there is a newer version - which there is not. 

I have gone through the checklist on adobe; javascript is enabled, malware up to date, etc... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going thru this same issue. I am not liking this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so what I did was go to see if I needed to update anything which I did. I then restarted my computer and went into the setting and was able to uninstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines