• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UPDATE AND INSTALLATION ISSUES WITH ACROBAT DC READER VER. 2019.012.20040

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In  trying to update DC Reader, I keep getting the errors shown in these two pics.

acrobat_uninstall.JPGacrobat_update_fail.JPG

Error 1646 doesn't show up any where in the "common error codes" section of the Adobe website. The error message at the top of the screen is what I get when I try to uninstall the entire program, or simply start the program normally. I can double-click a PDF file and the program comes up with no apparent issues. I thought if I uninstalled it, I could just do a clean install. I also tried simply downloading the current version and doing and overwrite install but I kept getting the unistallation error dialog at the top. I even tried simply deleting the Adobe folder with all the supporting folders and files and received the notice that the "System" will not allow me to delete that folder. (Yes. I double-checked. I'm logged in as administrator and I've removed all protections from the Adobe folder and files.) I also went into Task Manager to make that no Adobe TSR's were running.

At this point, I just want to get the program off of my machine, so I can start over.

I'm open for ideas.

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Hey Dan!

I see your struggle and efforts putting into removing Acrobat Reader. Sometimes, uninstalling application from control panel doesn't remove app successfully. To remove app completely or to install the latest patch you may follow the steps suggested below-

1- If you haven't removed the app yet, then try installing the latest update through this relase notes: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

2- If still struggling to install update then u se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dan!

I see your struggle and efforts putting into removing Acrobat Reader. Sometimes, uninstalling application from control panel doesn't remove app successfully. To remove app completely or to install the latest patch you may follow the steps suggested below-

1- If you haven't removed the app yet, then try installing the latest update through this relase notes: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

2- If still struggling to install update then u se cleaner tool to uninstall the existing version: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html and reinstall it through: https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

Hope this works. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my new hero!! 🙂

Your suggestion worked perfectly. Thank you very much!

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!!

Glad to hear it worked for you. 

Let us know if there's any further assistance is required. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same issues, however, when I click on the link for the cleaner, I get a 404 message. Please help.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines