komt telkens:

update mislukt, fout 1500.

er draait geen ander programma mee.

iemand enig idee?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 103 Replies 103
Apr 19, 2010 Apr 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

solved problem by temporary deactivating access protection of virus scanner (McAffee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0i). My computer runs Vista Home Premium x86).

-- pegasus_pi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2010 Apr 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing... I have tried all that list listed. I upgraded from Acrobat 8 Pro to 9 Pro and I keep getting a message uninstallation of the patch is not supported when I try to run the 'Repair' or manually install the Acrobat 9.3.2 patch.

The upgrade installer told me to uninstall the previous version. It's getting to the point thats it's not woreth the frustration to patch it.

Adobe... the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

My biggest problem with Acrobat, why does it not remember the last folder openned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried what pat willener suggests here?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2748811#2748811

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I have tried what each person has suggested - and will continue to do so. I'm waiting for a call back from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did the same.

Still: ERROR 1500, cannot install update.

Kind regard jerema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem for me.!!!!

jerema

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If my program would only unstall.....can't do that either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat is to say the least is buggy, it is said no app is bug free but i should not have to alter my system in anyway to use my $500 program.

I find it very disappointing that a company with the stature I thought Adobe had can not resolve this issue for the many people that are having these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn right they need to fix it. I've spent hours on hold, only to get clue

less tech support. Publish a fix for your security updates Adobe, or send us a refund.

Dr. Paul J. Watson

User of Adobe Arobat Pro Extended v 9.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only clueless - you get Reader for free but have to pay tech support to get it installed or updated!!!! Way to go Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To: regina33

I got my original download off my states website so I could print some forms i needed so I call the local US District Attorney's office and spoke with one of the office workers and was told that they are having the very same problems and after many attempts  they said the Government is considering filling a conspiracy to defraud charge against adobe along with several other Governments.

The problem with updating it  isn't causing me any problems with using reader to read and print my PDF files, so I am going to remy widows OSand then find myself of a different PDF reader. Just think that I was going to purchase adobe pro now they can for get it because I've been working on this problem for about 3 months.

Thanks to all yall and good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pimarine wrote:

I am going to remy widows OSand ...

???

This topic has become so convoluted with irrelevant and off-topic posts that I am considering asking a moderator to close it.

I feel sorry for the original poster who has still not gotten a solution amongst all this off-topic buzz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - pimarine - I've also been using CutePDF - I'll check if it can work as "well (ho ho)" as Adobe USED to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2010 Apr 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right.

Jerema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, using Winows XP Pro.  Couldn't remove Reader, couldn't update, couldn't do anything.  I finally looked in the Reader folder.  Look at your drive, program files, adoobe, reader, then go to Setup Files.  There should be a subdirectory with this file in ti - AdbeRdr930_en_US.msi .  I double clicked it, which runs the install.  I will assume it is something that Windows and Adobe Reader did to not play nice with some update, but Reader "installed" itself.  This corrected the problem, and the updates were able to install.  Although I hope this is the same file name you will have, the file should be in that sub-directory.  Running it again should eliminate your problem.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, RD - I had tried that install - it is the Windows installer - it still didn't work. Right now I'm working on the registry changes that were suggested further up in the Forum. If that doesn't work, I'll try the .msi file again.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always go to Foxit reader web site. I got disgusted with the problem originally and just downloaded that. it works just as well on pdf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I may do just that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what you said and got a dialog box that said "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you access it."

And I can't remove the program. Can't update the program due the to error 1500. Stuck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2010 Apr 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rdgrady I did  what you sugguested and found the file then double clicked on it and came up with Error 1327. Invalid Drive: I:\ .

Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pimarine - Is there a way to "retry?" - I got that error too at one time. Did you change permission for OptionalComponents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot that I also used a utility to remove Reader from the program list.- look for Windows Install Clean Up. HOWEVER, if you use this, Windows no longer recognizes the program as exisitng. If it doesn't work, you are SOL. It did work for me, but you could also try Revo Uninstaller to see if it can remove the current Reader version. That way, you can just start all over. Personally, it is a lot of trouble to try and fix something that Adobe seems to ignore. I really wish I could help more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot that I also used a utility to remove Reader from the

program list.- look for Windows Install Clean Up. HOWEVER, if you use

this, Windows no longer recognizes the program as exisitng. If it

doesn't work, you are SOL. It did work for me, but you could also try

Revo Uninstaller to see if it can remove the current Reader version.

That way, you can just start all over. Personally, it is a lot of

trouble to try and fix something that Adobe seems to ignore. I really

wish I could help more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to all of you,

thanks a lot for all the help.

But.....

my problem is solved by re-installing windows.

there was no other solution.

kinds regards  jerema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't need to alter your system in anyway and i refuse to.

$500 for an application, i want it to due the dishes...

besides, its unupdate, my system will function fine without it until they figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines