• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated one hour ago - Some strange bug with ESC key

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my Adobe Acrobate Reader DC just updated one hour ago (version 2022.001.20142) and I found some really strange and annoying bug.

In the previous version, when I was writing a comment in the comment box, after finishing I used to press ESC key to close the comment box. The text was still there in the comment box.

But in the new update, after writing and pressing ESC to close the comment box, the box closes, but the text is complete deleted. And now there is an empty comment box . So now, after writing a comment and pressing ESC it deletes the complete text.

Before pressing ESC key:

SebmKdw

After pressing ESC key:

adobe bug 2.png

Any idea what can be happening?

Thank you!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF and browsers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this.

We are currently looking into this issue.

Would you mind sharing the OS version you are using on the machine?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2. All Windows updated are up to date.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monsieur,

Thank you for being so patient. 

The behavior of Esc would be to discard any draft content typed in the comment box. To post the comment, either the Post button be clicked, or Alt+Enter be pressed. Further, a mouse click on the document will also post the comment. So, apart from the Esc key, all other ways to post the comment are retained.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I was just working in a PDF-file I encountered the same problem; I cannot close the comments/sticky notes as I used to by using the escape button. Do I understand correctly that this is not a bug and will not be fixed? That would be a shame, as it makes working in Adobe Acrobate Reader DC cumbersome. Still hoping for a fix! *Fingers crossed*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - please bring back the Esc functionality. I'd already discovered the Alt-Enter solutions, but it's very hard to unlearn this habit so I've deleted and re-typed around 50 notes in the last hour!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please vote as CRITICAL the request that has already been opened here:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/45389335-hitting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines