Using RDP and Win7, focus does not move to search result when I arrow down

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Reader X.  When I arrow down in my search result set, I expect the result that is in focus to be highlighted in my document.  That doesn't work as I would expect when I use RDP to connect to a Win7 machine.

Here's how I can observe the correct behavior, when I use my local machine, which is running Win 7, SP1, and Adobe Reader 10.1.13.

1) Open a document, such as PDF.PDF which I downloaded from the interwebs.

2) Click Edit->Advanced Search.

3) In the search window, search for a common phase such as "to" in the current doc.

4) Single click to select the first search result.  This causes the first instance of "to" to become highlighted in the current doc.

5) CLICK THE DOWN ARROW to move to the second search result.  Note that the second search result becomes highlighted in the search pane.

EXPECTED and OBSERVED result:  The second instance of the search term, "to", is highlighted in the document.

This is the behavior I would expect.

The behavior is different when I use RDP.  To recreate the problem, steps 1-5 are the same, but the observed result at the end is different.

First, connect to a Win7,SP1 machine using RDP.  Then...

1) Open a document, such as PDF.PDF which I downloaded from the interwebs.

2) Click Edit->Advanced Search.

3) In the search window, search for a common phase such as "to" in the current doc.

4) Single click to select the first search result.  This causes the first instance of "to" to become highlighted in the current doc.

5) CLICK THE DOWN ARROW to move to the second search result.  Note that the second search result becomes highlighted in the search pane.

EXPECTED RESULT:  The second instance of the search term, "to", is highlighted in the document.

OBSERVED RESULT:  The second instance of the search term, "to", is NOT highlighted in the document.  The first search result remains highlighted in the document.

I see this issue only when I arrow down to change the focus of my search results.  If I click on the next result, then the highlighted item in the document changes.

This might seem like a minor issue, but I'm regularly reviewing documents with hundreds of search results, and I need to look at each instance. Having to click rather than arrow down slows me down quite a bit, because I have to keep moving my eyes back and forth between the document and the search pane, rather than simply watching the document while arrowing down.

Does anybody know if this issue has a workaround or a fix?

pdf_dot_pdf_issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Hi SteveODay,

I would suggest installing Reader DC Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution and test with your use case

Reader X is declared as End of support: https://blogs.adobe.com/documentcloud/adobe-acrobat-x-and-adobe-reader-x-end-of-support/

End of Support means that Adobe will no longer provide technical support or distribute runtimes, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version (e.g. localised versions, minor upgrades, operating syste

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SteveODay,

I would suggest installing Reader DC Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution and test with your use case

Reader X is declared as End of support: https://blogs.adobe.com/documentcloud/adobe-acrobat-x-and-adobe-reader-x-end-of-support/

End of Support means that Adobe will no longer provide technical support or distribute runtimes, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version (e.g. localised versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products).

If you already have figured a solution to this problem, please respond with your findings that will help others.

-Tariq Dar.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, where you able to solve this problem? It also happens to me

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines