• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Sticky Notes for Editing documents not working as it did

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an editor of documents for my company.  Normally I don't need to use notes, just a check mark to ensure a category or item has been entered correctly.  Up until today, I would use a check mark as part of the Sticky Notes and a box would come up on the margins and a check mark would be visible on the document.  Today, I applied a check mark, went to apply a second check mark and the first one disappeared.  The only way to make sure a check mark will stay on the document is to save the document after every Check Mark (Sticky Note) applied, which may happen hundreds of times in a document.  I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro on a subscription (updates regularly automatically).  Please help!!!

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have realized that the latest update has disabled the creation of empty sticky notes.  Is there any way to enable this to allow it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jwboudreau 

Thank you for highlighting this to us.

As mentioned in the initial post, that checkmark is deleting itself automatically. Have you experienced this issue with a specific document where you are adding a check mark or multiple?

Try these changes and see if that helps

1- Check with another file

2- Since the application has been updated to the latest Open Acrobat>help>repair installation

3- Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat 

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

Also, share these details with us.

1- Open Acrobat>help>About Acrobat Pro. Take a screenshot of the version and share.

2- OS version

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jwboudreau 

With the latest released rolled out in January , we have disabled the creation of Empty sticky notes.

However if your workflow still requires you to create such annots, you can enable it by creating a registry of DWORD (32-bit) value type by the name "bEmptyStickiesAllowed" inside location "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\Trunk\AVGeneral" and set its value to 0. 

Thanks,

Prashant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, hopefully this can be toggled in the settings in future releases.

The new functionality is IMHO worse, e.g.:

-It's unintuitive (disappearing sticky notes is practically an oxymoron),

-It's not necessary. How often do people accidentally create empty sticky notes anyway? 

-It's more time consuming to have to recreate sticky notes that disappeared because you didn't do things in the order that Adobe thinks you should make notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines