• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Verify Operation Failed and Other Issues

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader X 10.1.1 is not working correctly on my computer which is running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3. I have several symptoms.
1. If I am able to open a pdf file on my hard drive I get this error message:
   “Verify operation failed.”
    I hit OK and can read the document fine.

2. Many pdf files on my hard drive will not open. I get the error message:
   “There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document (57).”
    I doubt the document is corrupt because I can email them to my coworkers and they can open it.

3. I can open any document inside of Internet Explorer 8. I get the error message:
   “There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again (0:104)”
    It wasn’t running and trying again won’t help. Usually I download the file and try to open it and if I can't I email to a co-worker and continue on. But now I need to fill out a form online that uses a pdf but I can't download it. What can I do now?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no success.  I suspect the root problem is the “Verify operation failed.”

Any ideas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening here on both my iMac and MacBook Pro.   Both running 10.8.4 and Acrobat Pro X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Acrobat team is investigating this issue on priority and will provide an update soon.

Thanks,

Ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting the same problem as of one week ago on my Mac Book Pro, Mountain Lion Version 10.8.4, after owning Adobe Professional for 5+ years, currently using Version 10.1.7.

The software works fine but it is annoying getting the error second after opening a document, as previously stated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. verify operation failed on a Mac with acrobat pro 10.1.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem: Acrobat Pro X v 10.1.1 on OSX Lion 10.7.5, installed with the CS6 suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Mac with the same problem for the last couple of days -- Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and Acrobat Pro 10.1.7 -- so glad this is a software issue and not my computer for once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. Just started today.

Acrobat X 10.1.7

Mac OSX 10.7.5

In Preferences, I unchecked "Verify signatures when the document is opened." That seems to have made it stop. At least for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried KTrevino4's idea, but to no avail for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that seemed to work last night. Got the same error this morning with the first PDF I opened. I saw the posts about turning off interenet, but like many others, that's not really a viable option on my work Mac. There doesn't seem to be any other problems with using Acrobat other than the annoying error that keeps popping up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here - ANNOYING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having the same problem tonight. It began immediately after I installed the latest Java update. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem: Acrobat Pro X v 10.0.0 on OSX 10.6.8, installed with the CS5.5 suite. Have also tried uninstalling and reinstailling this morning with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try unplugging you internet connection. That is what worked for me tonight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's not really a workaround. I need to be online all the time, so that doesn't help.

Anything from Abode? Are they at least working on fixing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, OS 10.8.4 with Acrobat Pro 10.1.7, first noticed yesterday. After dismissing the message the file seems to read OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in. Just noticed the same problem. Mac OSX 10.7.5. Acrobat X 10.1.7 I don't think it's a problem with the PDFs themselves. I get the error message opening a PDF I made today from an InDesign export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing. At least was happy to see all of you with the same issue. Just started giving me this "error" alert this weekend.

I am on a MacBook Pro, 10.8.4, Acrobat Pro (CS6) 10.1.7.

Isn't happening each time. Seems to pick PDFs that I am opening for the first time that day (many have been opened before with no message).

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure upgrading to Creative Cloud and Acrobat XI will fix it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buggy for the last few days. Add another to the list. i7 iMac running 10.7.5. + Acrobat Pro. Also noticed PDFs are opening very slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list too. Mac running 10.6.8 and acrobat pro version 10.1.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the group too! Mac 10.7.5 Acrobat Pro 10.1.7. Verify operation failed PLUS Preflight Analize and Fix Profilies are no longer working. Acrobat Pro 9.5.5 is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im on macpro running 10.8.4 - had same issue over the last week as well after i updated my acrobat pro app. i believe as another post mentioned that adobe have added a 'verification process' to the update to ensure your software matches their records for whatever reason. i checked my adobe ID and they didnt exactly match. street name and number was slightly different. i rekeyed all my details so they matched 'exactly' to what i sent when i originally registered my adobe cs6. shut down mac at end of day - gave it 24hrs for my details to process through their system and this morning all good! - have opened and closed acrobat a number of times and not seen error message once. hopes this helps - you may have check back when you originally registered your product which could be back a few versions of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe may have actually fixed this on their end as we have done nothing to the 14 iMacs running Acrobat X 10.1.7 and the messages slowly stopped happening during the day on 06/25/13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

There was a temporary glitch with our servers that has now been resolved. Please re-launch Acrobat and let us know if you still face this issue.

Thanks for your patience,

-Ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not getting the 'verify failed' message now, but I'm not getting the startup screen when loading Acrobat! The icon only bounces once, where as before, I think it bounced about 3 times whilst the program was loading.

I'm still not convinced that this has be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines