• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing PDF file without doing 7 day free trial

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always been able to open and read Acrobat files without a subscription . Since Monday, Jan 3 2022 I get a pop up asking me to buy or take 7 day free trial.When close the pop up , it closes out of the pdf file. 

Has something changed? I am using Google Chrome browser

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install and use Acrobat Reader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to upen PDF docs sent in Outlook, my computer wants to open it in Pro, which i no longer have. How do you get it to default to open in Reader? I still want the ability to save docs in PDF, which I have always done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the screenshot. You use Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Pro and switch to using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that.

It didn't work.

It goes into an endless loop, where it pops up the window asking me to buy or try, and when I close that pop-up, Acrobat quits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you managed to solve this? 

Using the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader and this message started popping a few weeks ago. Cannot open certain PDF files, as the files close as soon as I close the notification that is offering 7-days trial on converting to PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

I have checked the Adobe account linked with the Adobe ID you are using on this community and found that you have All apps plan active.

Please logout of the application and reboot the computer once and relogin with the correct Adobe ID and check, if it doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://adobe.ly/3TGeE1G, reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://adobe.ly/3IFJEbE and check.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines