• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird characters appearing in the file name after downloading from CC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with the Creative Cloud. When files are being downloaded, there are weird characters appearing in the file name instead of spaces. It's really time consuming to change all the file names back. Is this something I can fix? Thanks!

TOPICS
Download and install , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, is the name of the document is "Report File" it will display as "Report%20File"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe this is due to the bit translation of a space, which is 3 characters, and not one. This has an impact on the length of the file name. So when carrying over from one location to the next, the binary translation of a space is equal to %20, which then appears in the file name in the new location. If you can sub in a hyphen or an underscore rather than having a space, you will decrease the file name and you won't see the weird translation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me too! I was trying to find the answer on how to stop this as well. Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I was told that the tehcnitian would call be back but it's been over a months. Based on my research, the name gets encoded when downloaded from the web version of the creative cloud. The only way around it is to use underscores between words instead of spaces, which is not the best solution... Not sure why Adobe hasn't solved that issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does you post this in the forum for Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where I was reffered to by the Adobe customer service. Is there a better place to post this question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines