• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What seems to be a printing bug in 21.007.20091 of Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User has a Citrix virtual desktop with a USB HP printer connected to a Thin Client, and redirected into the Citrix desktop using the Citrix Universal Printer.

Prior to this version, opening a PDF and printing to that redirected printer presented no problem. On this most recent version it does with a quick "The document could not be printed" error and then it spits out a blank page(s).

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

The new version of Adobe Acrobat (23.01.20143), addressing this issue is now available. Please update the application from the Help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I also get an issue with Citrix re-directed printers with this latest patch. I have tried all things frrom Citrix, changed driver order, and Universal driver options.

I get exactly the same issue 

"The document could not be printed" error and then it spits out a blank page(s).

Any update on this Adobe, will it be fixed in next patch ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for your time and patience.

The planned update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC version 21.07.20099  is now available. Please update the application from the help menu > Check for updates  and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html .

For more information about the new release please check the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-october-21-updates-are-l...

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to every one,

we incurred the same error using the Citrix universal redirected local printer on terminal server. The Acrobat Reader DC is updated: 22.001.20142  

The problem is present undipendently from the Citrix Receiver version (from the older up to the last update). Just tryed print as image, open other PDF documents, etc. The unique way to print is using other PDF viewer.

Reguards

Davide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davide

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Would you mind sharing the make and model of the printer you are using? Also please share the version of the Acrobat DC and the OS you are using?

To check the version of the Acrobat go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20142 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html and check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal.
As I have written, we use Acrobat DC 22.1.20142 on terminal server (Windows 2012 R2 with all Microsoft patch updates). The default local printer present on a client that executes Citrix Apps is been exposed via a universal Citrix printer (as described here
). In our environment, this universal printer use x64, driver version 9.45.52.299. The driver version of the local printer doesn't affect this scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi so we have the same problem with Acrobat on Citrix. Everytime you print it prints a blank Page.

It only happens with the latest version of Acrobat reader.

We use Server 2016 and we only publish Application to the users.

I have found if you go back to an older version it works but the Security problems with older version of Acrobat is a huge risk. I hope there is a fix soon,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @morne5FEE , @FixIT84 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that the issue still exists.

Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , Procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via Document Cloud link as described here https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/ for further investigation?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've collected the logs. Give me an email where send the link of the files uploaded. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FixIT84 

I have shared the email address in a private message to share the log files. Please check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys so we have decided to start using Nitro as the default on our machine.

The problem is that Acrobat is not optimized for Citrix . It uses way to much memory and there is always something that does not work. Lets Monitor Nitro and see if that makes a diffrence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue here - I use gotomypc.com and when I attempt to print it does a quick "The document could not be printed" error and then it spits out a blank page(s).  Luckily I have nitroand that's actually a great .pdf program that doesn't give me this printing grief that Adobe has lately .. sure be good for adobe to get their fix done - the update today did not fix anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry i have no time to do the logs been a bad Day. I will try my best to check tommorow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue as well as a co-worker and we are both using gotomypc too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FixIT84 @morne5FEE @kim25250643 

Please upload the logs to any cloud storage like dropbox, google drive and then share the link with us, as we are not able to access the logs file shared by @FixIT84 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal - we are experiencing the same issue, ill get the logs to you shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We have reported this issue to our engineering team for review. We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Any updates from engineering ?

I have the logs ready to upload  - please share your address and I can send them.

Kind regards,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Samuel25374323yjz8 it's a little bit of a waste of time... First Amal requested to upload the logs into the Adobe account and the platform won't share the file. After that, had shared in PM his email address, I've sented the email with all the attachments and he asks to use another cloud platform. Well, I think that Adobe support still abusing a little bit of our time and availability for a bug that should be solved 3 years ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FixIT84  & @Samuel25374323yjz8 

I have raised this issue to the engineering team and share the logs for review. We do not have a fixed timeline from the engineering nor any update yet.

I will keep you posted as soon as I get any information from them.

Thanks for your time, patience and cooperation so far.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I thought I would test adobe dc pro (just incase) which also did not work, however now that I am a paying customer is there anyway to get more traction on the case ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We too were planning on getting pro but this issue caused us to pause the decision until it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just an Update on the prining Problem.

There was an Acrobat Update and the problem still persist.

One of my Friends Company uses Citrix aswell and the also have the Same problem.

I recommended Nitro Not the best solution and they are now in talks with Nitro to do a Trail.

Acrobat you guys need to start looking at this problems there is a lot of product that is getting very close to what you guys are doing. Please get this fixed .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue for a terminal server farm used by 200-300 Users each day. Was hoping, the August Update 2022.002.20191 would provide a fix, but unfortunately not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue printing with adobe reader and acrobat pro, we have reported to adobe in several occasions in the past 3yrs, and we were informed by Adobe Engineering that adobe doesn't support virtual environments, reason why there is no fix. so we have opted to use Foxit Reader, which free, and very lite app, and prints very fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines