• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when I try to print a document in pdf it only wants to save to file?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to print a document in pdf it will not print it will only save to file or save. I have set the print to pdf but nothing happens. this type of document is a Probate questionaire from a lawyer. I have tried everything I can think of, I tried to get help from Adobe but they say they only help paying customers not customers with free accounts.Im not real savvy when it comes to these type of things on a computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're trying to print to a physical printer but you are only getting the option to print to a file?

If so go to File>Print, Choose "Advanced" and deselect the box that says "Print to file".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, ~graffiti!   You saved my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sidneer,

You may try the suggestion given by ~graffiti. If that doesn't help and your document still continue to save rather than print. Then, you may share the screenshot of the print dialog box when it appears during "Print" command.

Here are the steps how you can attach screenshot on forums: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot 

Also, is it Adobe Acrobat or Reader DC you are working currently?

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines