• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Who needs this crap anymore

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After newest pdf viewer update now one cannot even rotate the view in the free version - how stupid is that? 

Every update was making ivewer havier and havier, without any benefits of that. Now they want me to pay monthly fee just so I could sotate the view - are they completely crazy???  For the first time in my life I've searched for alternatvie pdf viewers (there is a bunch out there) downloaded one, and I'm super happy - much lighter, much faster and without stupid intentions to charge me for being able to rotate the view - from now on I will NEVER use adobe again - it became complete crap. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Adobe changed how the right-click command works without letting anyone know about it, but if you use the Rotate command via the View menu it will still work. Actually rotating the pages requires the paid-for version; Rotating the page view was and remains available in the free version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> After newest pdf viewer update now one cannot even rotate the view in the free version - how stupid is that?

Don't post wrong informations! Acrobat Reader can rotate the view of documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your reader and try again – yes it could, until today. Yet since now rotation is available with paid version only

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotate pages are not the same as rotate view.

In Acrobat Reader use the menu View > Rotate View > ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes your are right 🙂 

anyway - it still makes no sense to me. I am "simple" user - at most I create pdf out word files or do some scans - yet 99% of my "work" with pdf is simply viewing files - so there is this viewer and on it in the menu there is a button to rotate the page (not the view) - well as a user I don't really care if it rotates view or the page - when it is printed - who gives a crap about orientation - when looking into the screen - I don't give a crap if the page or the view is rotated - well yeah, rotate page would make more sense as that woudl be kept next time I open the file. So anyways as a simple user I click on that "rotate" button and I get a message that I need to pay in order to be able do that. Now seriously - what percentage of those "simple users" will actually go and look to the fact that they still can do rotate the view just not via an obvious button but via 3 clicks on the menu items instead - and what percentage do you think will just do like me and decide that adobe simply went insane? 

This is my first post ever in the adobe community - I am that much pissed about this "update"... the result is this - I think adobe is simply insane, I have downloaded and tried alternative free viewers - and honestly I liked it SO MUCH MORE than adobe viewer that I am defientely not comming back ever. And it does have a simple button for rotation in convienent place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12,09 eur per month just to be able to rotate the pdf view - are they insane? 

After this stunt there is NO WAY I will ever use adobe again - just not a chance. I am only using them as viewer - I don't edit nor do nothing else, well sometimes I need to create pdf out of word in order to electronically sing it - there is a lot of free soft that can do that MUCH FASTER than adobe oh and they wont charge you a thing for these features. Making people to pay just to be able to rotate the view on the screen - is literally adobe shooting their own legs.  

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe changed how the right-click command works without letting anyone know about it, but if you use the Rotate command via the View menu it will still work. Actually rotating the pages requires the paid-for version; Rotating the page view was and remains available in the free version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines