• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why this Popup at Laptop Bootup?

Participant ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PDF files all the time but have not changed any Acrobat settings.  Why all of a sudden do I get this Adobe Acrobat Reader DC popup every time I boot up my laptop?  It seems to pop up a couple of minutes after the laptop has booted and stays on the screen only about half a minute.  It's very annoying.  How do I stop it?  Thanks.

Adobe Reader Popup After Bootup.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any pop up on the screen. This is just the normal Window when Acrobat Reader is started. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens right after bootup, and it's something new that just started a few days ago.  I'm not starting Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also really like to know how to stop this.

This comes after the update. This is very disturbing this menu every time after printing.

Who can help me to disable this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ICT25287109q2m6 @Dave_Tr. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Could you please help me with below information ?

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20169 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Could you please share build information ?

Could you please share recording or the screenshot of the popup ?

Regards,

Sujata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen shot of the popup is in my original post.  It pops up only for 30 seconds or less, then goes away.  It seems to be something initiated at startup because I'm not doing anything with Adobe products at the time.  Actually though, I haven't received it in a couple of days now.  I'll have to get back to you regarding the Adobe version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said, your screen shot doesn't show a popup. It shows the Acrobat Reader app. Using "popup" is leading to confusion. If there is actually a popup as well, please show it. If this is all you get, a better question is " Why does Acrobat Reader start without being asked?"  If it goes away after a while, without being asked, that's particularly unusual. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines