• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

windows 10 credentials: Why so many adobe entries?

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used adobe acrobat reader for many years and continue to do so. Last August, I purchased PS Elements and Premier Elements through Dell with a new laptop. Both apps were installed and seem to work ok, however recent issues with saving passwords in Edge browser reared their ugly head, and there seems to be a connection with Windows User Credentials. Gazing upon this page Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager has a page full (~30) adobe entries, ex: 

Fred22416057cgwn_0-1640649072712.png all "Modified Today" Where can i find a document that has technical description of which adobe apps "Adobe App Info" modify windows 10 credentials and how this freaky control mechanism impacts access to each of the adobe apps. I have also noticed that Adobe "Creative Cloud" was installed without notice along with Acrobat DC, PS and Premier Elements. When I try to uninstall it, it refuses and states that it cannont be installed because it is there for other Adobe applications. What littl exploring I have undertaken, it looks like it was forced into my computer (without my knowledge); it also comes across as some sort of sales pitch cum buy and try our other products which I don't need, don't want. I'm about ready to dump the whole pile and retire back to Acrobat Reader and the occasional pdf converter service. 

{For privacy, your contact details have been removed by the moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My consternation and dissatisfaction with adobe had moderated to the point of don't care until today when I tried to use the document conversion application. after my most recent two or three attempts to use the service, it has once again risen to the point beyond what this earlier request for information and assistance in the form of documentation, related to two other products purchased with a new Dell computer. Reasons for going back to this point in time and to add issues with the pdf converter has jacked up my dissatisfaction index: (With Adobe).

First let me express thanks for the response (in reality a non-response) which amounts to throw the hot potato to another department, individual or some entity so we can tick one off on the scoreboard of responses to requests for support.

Now to the present time I have the following to hopefully begin a mop-up exercise starting with the document converter service.

1. I have been a paying user for this service since February 6, 2014 (See: Adobe Account

2. Up until now, each time a pdf was opened in Acrobat Reader, the app found my subscriber rights to use access and enabled document conversion. At some point in recent months, perhaps a year, this all changed. Now when attempting to use the duly subscribed service, the document window immediately disappears and is replaced by a new screen, arm-waving and encouraging me to Subscribe to the service which I am already subscreibed. (TILT!) Hello Adobe!!!

Imagine, dear reader (if you are an real human being) should you the reader of this complaint/request for assistance and "Support". What to do? Ok so go try to find your adobe account (adpbe/account.com) the trusty Google machine suggests. Arrive at the URL access/login page, It doesn't know me, so have to enter email address/user ID and pasword. 

Once inside, using a browser, then return to Acrobat Reader app, hit the convert button, WHAMO! Back to the sales pitch arm-waving begathon page appealing for purchase of or upgrade to another product or service. The damn thing is too stupid to see or enable previously purchased subscription to document conversion service. What to do? I wind up fishing around to someplace inside the online account access to find what appears to be a place where I can drag and drop a file, similar to the way the Acrobat Reader app use to function. 

With that, I'll stop this harrangue, which I could continue to other aspects of the entire Adobe Website and Executive Suite that doesn't seem to care one snit about customer service. If some one reads this far down, please be advised of my desire/request for assistance in getting something I have paid for many times over and over and over. a capability to convert documents that should be a feature and capability of the Acrobat Reader product License instead of a continuing drop of $$ to Adobe software incremental annual revenue and executive remuneration. I paid for service. over and over again, that has not been delivered. When I buy a product and/or a service, I expect it to be delivered promptly. I expect it to function as described by the vendor. I expect some reasonable consistency as long as t he product or service continues through it's described term of availablity and support. Sadly, this has not been my experience with Acrobat Reader document conversion service.

I am available to answer questions or discuss this matter with anyone representing Adobe. please see my account.adobe.com, through email address: fred.huffman.work@huffmantechnicalservices.com

Thank you for your attention,

Fred Huffman  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Pro installed on your computer, I'm using Windows 10 Home. Then download whatever it is you want to convert to word, right click it then edit with acrobat once it's opened in acrobat you can click on file>>export to>>then pick your poison.  Mine works so well I was even able to sign into my severely restricted work computer, log in using the chrome extension and save forbidden files to the cloud.  Edge is a worthless browser I recommend Chrome if you want to actually get work done.  I just edit everything using Acrobat on my computer no need to convert to word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines