• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom Meeting Interrupted by Adobe Update

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in the middle teaching a class on Zoom last night and all of a sudden a notice saying that I should update Adobe took over my screen.  I couldn't click out of it but had to shut down and restart my computer (Apple Macbook).  I can't understand how this could happen.  It was very disruptive and infuriating.  Does anyone know how to prevent this in the future?  Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move thisd to the Creative Cloud Services forum, where you're more likely to get an answer to this question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

I haven't run into this issue myself, but it does seem odd that you can't delay or deny the update request. I've never seen it take over an entire screen. Was it coming through the Creative Cloud desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea where it came from.  I use Adobe Reader and it may have been open, though I don't think so.  I do not understand why I cannot turn something off in Preferences so this does not happen, but I'm actually not surprised.   I don't subscribe to Adobe apps because I find the idea of having to pay monthly fees insidious.  I used to own Adobe InDesign but stopped when I could no longer just update it.  I found a much less expensive program which I could just purchase and it's just as good.  When you open ANY Adobe page, the first thing you see is something asking you to buy a subscription or pay for something.  I will never use Adobe for anything except to make a PDF.  If I have to pay to do that, which I assume will eventually happen, I will stop using PDFs.  Adobe is a very greedy company, though, of course, it is not alone in that regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDF is an open format, and there are now other companies out there that make programs that act as a PDF printer. I don't know if those other programs provide form creation capabilities or scripting, but if all you're doing is creating a PDF they should be just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines