• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cyrillic not displaying properly in some documents.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have a problem on an android phone with specific cyrillic document, that does not appear properly and cannot be read. I would think it has something to do with encoding. However, most of the PDF documents seem to appear okay. I have problems only with 1 sender which happens to be my water bill. I can read it properly on my PC though, but when I try to copy something straight from the document it comes as: "0B0 =0 874020=5" etc etc, unlesss I copy it with formatting (idk if this is helpful in any way). I have checked the fonts in the PDF and they seem to be Arial and Courier which both support cyrillic. I did look everywhere for a solve to this issue but I seem to be unable to find what causes it and how to fix it, will appreciate any help, thanks.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nevkar 

Would you mind sharing a few more details to understand the issue better?

1. Is it happening with a particular PDF or with other PDFs too?

2. Application version?

3. OS name and version? 

4. A video/screen recording that shows the issue clearly.

Make sure that the app is updated to the latest version.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. The problem seems to be occuring only from this particular sender. It's montly bill and all their PDFs have the same issue, however I can read other cyrillic PDFs on the same device without problems. I am attaching screenshots of:
The actual problematic PDF.
Info of the Acrobat version.
Info about the Android 11 ( last 2 stating "core version" and "version number" in cyrillic)

The phone itself is Motorola One Vision. I wanna also say that the problematic PDF appears alright on my PC.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the details. Could you check this PDF in some other PDF viewer like Google drive to confirm that it is not a file specific issue.

~Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried Google drive, no problem there, it's totally readable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines