• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad annotations being 'corrected' after input

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought an Apple Pencil for my iPad in the hope that I could mark up PDFs using Acrobat. At first I was very impressed with the functionality (using the Comment and then little pencil tool to activate mark up), but then I came across a problem with which I hope someone is able to help.

I often work on large pages (up to A3) on which the element I am marking up is small, eg 9 point text. When I zoom in to mark it up everything works well at first, but then I tap the pencil icon again and Acrobat modifies my marking usually changing it beyond recognition. My guess is that this is an automatic 'correction' to fix any deviance from a smooth line during my input, and it's reading my small annotation as something that needs smoothing out. I've attached 'before leaving annotation' and 'after leaving annotation' screenshots to illustrate the problem. The text 'Bassoon' is 9 point, just to give you a sense of scale.

Is it possible to turn this correction feature (or whatever it is) off entirely? I've searched the internet to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally came to this forum hoping to find an answer to this exact same question, which is driving me nuts. Would love for Adobe to respond...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't managed to resolve this and, frankly, gave up trying. I also noticed that small annotations (eg dots and hyphens) were disappearing altogether a few minutes after I'd added them. Possibly that's related, but regardless, I couldn't carry on using the app. I now use an app called 'PDF Viewer' which doesn't suffer from this problem and has more features as well. I'd recommend giving that a go (the free version does everything I need).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines