• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Comments & highlights

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat reader 23.3.0.26648 Dev.:  Samsung SM-G981U Android 13    Baseband:  G981USQS3HWB6

After creating several comments and highlighting text in a pdf, closing & reopening the pdf - all the comments & highlighting show OK. The pdf was never on any Cloud-Device & never transfered off of my Android. However, the next day I discovered all comments & highlighting are gone!  

This issue has happened occasionally, but I can't find a way to recreate it.  Renaming the pdf after creating comments & highlighting does not appear to have any  impact on this issue. 

This last instance, the pdf file type is:  PDF document, version 1.4,        97 pages. 

I opened that pdf as a text file & searched for any old comment strings. None were found. When I add a new test string with Adobe Acrobat Reader 'comment' function, close the pdf & then open it as a text file I do find that test comment string.

TOPICS
Android , Comment markup and annotate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mark29642731n116,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat Reader Mobile.

Just to test, would you mind adding a few comments and then uploading the file to the cloud? Once uploaded, try following your regular workflow and let me know if the comments still remain or do they disappear.

This would help us narrow down the approach we take when investigating the issue. Also, a sample PDF where you experienced the issue would be a great help.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik,

I would try this, but I have disabled
the google & Samsung Cloud on my Samsung S20 (SM-G981U).
If you can tell me how I can do the test
you asked for without this device sending anything else to the Cloud without my permission?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mark29642731n116,

You can try uploading the file to Adobe Cloud Storage. 

Adobe Cloud does not back up your data unless you manually upload files.

You can open the file in Reader Mobile-> click the three dots on the top right, -> scroll through the menu to select upload to Cloud Storage.

Once done, try opening the cloud version and check if the annotations stay or are deleted.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am trying to run tests mabe you can do the same and get as many people
who know exactly what they are doing this way the technology can take care
of it self again. The problems are thives Re are people making regression
apps that are making trouble with web with people who are attacking other
people sexually or harmful to gain control religiosity for racism reasons
that lead to country and state differences more so color than anything by %.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines