Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some PDF files won't open unless I create a copy, others work

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using iOS 12.1 and run my business out of Google Drive File Stream. Every day I try open previously saved PDFs for clients, but they won't open. I can right click > open or open with, but it makes no difference. If I view the file online through GDrive then I can open it without issue, however I need use of the Adobe program as I have to run multiple tabs at once.

If I make a copy of the file, then I can open that copy immediately. Sometimes that copy might not work in the following days though.

I'd really appreciate assistance as this slows down my productivity a lot. Thanks!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've posted in the wrong forum, so I moved this thread into Acrobat Reader Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @James Lockhart 

As mentioned that you can't open PDFs in Acrobat app from Google Drive. Would you mind sharing a few details to understand the issue better?

1. Application version?

2. Can you open files other than GDrive location?

3. If possible, could you share a video of the issue?

Make sure that the app is updated to the latest version.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harsh,

1. Version 2021.007.20099

2. I use File Stream, so I'm opening from a folder, not the browser. All of my business is kept in GDrive so I have not noticed if the PDF's fail to open outside of Google Drive.

3. I will need to come across the issue again, also it will need to be generice documents as most of my files are sensitive items.

I will look for a later version of Adobe now.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for providing the details. Could you confirm the operating system name and version and the exact workflow that you are following to open the PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines