A PDF shows pages as blank

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opened in Adobe Reader iOS 9.3.5 iPad 3, this PDF shows the pages all as blank.

I have previously posted this 2 months ago, one of the tech-support said we are working on it and when i ask in a comment about the problem no one is replying.

There is the PDF

http://shrek.unideb.hu/~adamkardos/temp/boox/Modern%20electrodynamics.pdf

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I do apologize that I cannot be of more help other than to let you know that when I clicked on the link it opened for me.  I'm hoping you have your issue resolved already.  Have a great day!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Gh11 AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please be more precise? yes the link works, it opens normally in Adobe PC, in safari, in iBooks and every PDF viewer on iOS but not Adobe Acrobat on my iPad 3, iOS 9.3.5 and the tech-support agreed last time that there is the problem i stated.

So does it work on Adobe Reader iOS with you?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gh11​,

There is a defect in Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad that fails to display page contents properly.  This problem occurs with a specific type of PDF documents containing PDF syntax errors (that other PDF viewers ignore).

Unfortunately, the defect has not been fixed in Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad yet.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Gh11 AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

So is it under progress or it wouldn't be done any soon?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a long-standing defect in the Acrobat Reader mobile app.  There is no quick fix for it.

Unfortunately, we are not able to speculate on when this defect is fixed in the app.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted about this because I'm experiencing it on my iPad (Sept. 20200) and also pay for the subscription.  I will be canceling the subscription since I'm not going to pay for an app that doesn't work where I need it to work.  Apparently in three years they haven't been able to fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines