Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessing bookmarks on Ipad Pro?

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In earlier versions of the Adobe Reader-app on my Ipad Pro, the bookmarks-icon was placed on the bottom toolbar, so that when I pressed it the bookmarks "popped" up on the screen for easy access.

Now, having updated to the newest version (18.10.00), the bookmarks are "hidden" inside the "..."-icon in the top right corner, and even hidden in a way that forces you to go through several "clicks" every time. This makes accessing the bookmarks harder and less effective, causing me to consider not using Acrobat Reader.

Is this a change caused by updating versions, or is there any way I can change the settings or the way I "make" the PDF-documents so that the bookmarks again are easily available?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bendikh81240488​,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.12.00 to the App Store.

This release includes the improvements to the usability of Bookmarks.  The Bookmarks icon has been moved back to the toolbar for quick access.

Please note that the Bookmarks icon appears in the toolbar only if the PDF document contains bookmarks that are provided by the author of the PDF document.  Not all PDF documents contain bookmarks.

For the smaller iPhones such as iPhone 5s/SE (where the toolbar has limited screen space), Bookmarks may still appear in the sub-menu that is displayed when the "..." button in the toolbar is tapped.

Would you please update to 18.12.00 and let us know what you think?

Thank you!

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bendikh,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We are aware of this issue and the team is working on the fix.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bendikh81240488​,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.12.00 to the App Store.

This release includes the improvements to the usability of Bookmarks.  The Bookmarks icon has been moved back to the toolbar for quick access.

Please note that the Bookmarks icon appears in the toolbar only if the PDF document contains bookmarks that are provided by the author of the PDF document.  Not all PDF documents contain bookmarks.

For the smaller iPhones such as iPhone 5s/SE (where the toolbar has limited screen space), Bookmarks may still appear in the sub-menu that is displayed when the "..." button in the toolbar is tapped.

Would you please update to 18.12.00 and let us know what you think?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bookmark option in android version allows you to bookmark pages whichever you want, making it easy to flip through. Please try and do that for iPad too. It's quite difficult to read documents which you have already underlined and bookmarked in android  are not available in the iPad version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? Have a Microsoft surface pro and have great bookmarks done up on pdfs from adobe. Bought new iPad Pro just now and the bookmarks are in top left corner not highlighted not in order and no colour etc and very much not user friendly. Pls tell me I am doing something wrong? 

Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Top right hand corner I mean 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines