Accessing files sent to me from unemployment

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as others with regard to using Adobe reader. I downloaded the app but the pdf sent from unemployment is not there- don't know what I need to do to be able to get to what I need.

Any information would be helpful.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you elaborate more on how did you received the PDF from unemployment?

Was it via email, where you had to open via web browser and then click on a link?

Or was the file readily available for download via cloud storage service from the unemployment agency?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fill aplication for unemployment services

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, none of you have been very helpful providing feedback in order to get help here in the Adobe forums.

With the extremely vague details you've provided I can only say to go here:https://www.usa.gov/unemployment  and click on the link that says "Unemployment insurance"  then click on "How do I apply" then select your state and follow the instruction given by you statr unemployment office.

You're gonna have to fill online or by phone as instructed, OR, simply call a representative and let them know about the problem.

Good luck!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be specific about the problem.  Saying that you have the same problem is not helping in  trying to figure out what is going on.

I don't work for Adobe, but I volunteer here in the user support forums to help Adobe customers (myself included).

So my question is : Do you even have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed in your computer or is it  some other program that you're confusing with Adobe Acrobat Reader?

My second question is: If your answer is yes, is Adobe Acrobat Reader set as the default PDF handler /viewer in your operating system?  You need to verify this.

In my days of tech support  when a Client would call in you had to open a ticket, for example. And in that support ticket the technician is supposed to gather as much information as possible from that Client. 

At a minimum you should provide the following:

• What Adobe Acrobat product are you using? 
  • What is the latest version update that was applied to your Adobe product?

Just these two questions alone can help determine if there is a known issue that has been already addressed  for the misbehaving product: 

• The link above is a table of all Adobe products that illustrates all of the  technical support periods and the End of Support cycle. So it is important to know if what you're using is a very old product or not . Next, you go and check here  https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/support-periods.html   This second link link tells you if you're missing or should apply updates, and if support policies are in compliance or not , and much more. At the buttom of that page it aslo provides you with additional links. In those link you'll find other important info  to help the customer(s) evaluate the computer system requirements. For example, what product runs on which operating system and what are the minimum specs to get the best experience. See more here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/system-requirements.html

All that information above shouldn't take more than 4 minutes while a tech support person is servicing a customer over messaging app or over the phone. And once this info is out of the way then it is easier to narrow down the problem and focus on the issue.

That said, assuming that your product is in compliance with its licensing track and subscription, and that it is properly installed in an supported operating system environment, and also properly updated, then  the next set of questions are focused in what was the user doing. 

What user interaction took place between the email application, the operating system, the Adobe Acrobat application, and the email attachment itself (if it was indeed an email attachment).

This is kind of common sense.

Your first step should've been to contact the Unemployment Office that sent you that document, have them transfer you to the Technical Support representative and ask that representative what are the software requirements to be able to open this type of file, and what what software was used to create this PDF.  You need to let them know that the forms that they're pushing out are problematic and that they need to fix it.  They may tell you how to proceed from there, or they may have a technical support website to guide their users.

But in my personal experience, everyone ends up here in the user-to-user community support forums complaining about Adobe and what not.

You need to find out what is the official posture from the unemployment office about this issue. The way is looking is that they may not even be aware of this issue at all.

Here are other questions that a tech support person should ask to a customer:

• How were you accessing the PDF from the unemployment office? 
  • Did you downloaded the PDF from a cloud service, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive (for example)?
  • Was it sent as a hyperlink in an email message ? Meaning that if you click on it it will actually will be accessed through a web broser, not through your Adobe product.
  • Or, was the document sent to you in an email as a compressed file with a PDF attachment in it? (this means that if the email attachment is a compressed file, the user must uncompress it first to get access to the compressed file.) You need to re-verify if that is the case.
  • OR, did you received the email with an protected and encrypted  PDF file attachment from the unemployment office? 
  • OR, did you just received an PDF attachment  in an unencrypted and unprotected email from the unemployment office and when you click on it, the PDF actually downloads to a specific folder in your computer but you can't open it at all.

Again, you may need to refer to the following link, and  see frequently asked questions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/faq.html   or additionally, refer  to the release notes and identify your product with other important information here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines