Highlighted

Acrobat DC on Ipad or Android?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to process reports created via DC and sent to me by email, preferably on some sort of hand held device. I am having problems opening these reports on any device except my company laptop that contains Acrobat DC. After searching I did not find information is DC available for eg Ipad or Android tablets?

Does any one else struggle or have information that DC actually works on tablets? I cannot change report format os my only option is to work with DC.

I have tried Android tablets without success and now looking to test with Ipad.

br;Tony

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat DC on Ipad or Android?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to process reports created via DC and sent to me by email, preferably on some sort of hand held device. I am having problems opening these reports on any device except my company laptop that contains Acrobat DC. After searching I did not find information is DC available for eg Ipad or Android tablets?

Does any one else struggle or have information that DC actually works on tablets? I cannot change report format os my only option is to work with DC.

I have tried Android tablets without success and now looking to test with Ipad.

br;Tony

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 29, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tonif33712953​,

When you open one of the reports, do you see the alert with the message "This form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Mac or Windows"?

XFA Form.png

It means that the report is a special type of PDF document called "static/dynamic XFA form" that was created by Adobe LiveCycle Designer.

Acrobat Reader mobile apps for iOS and Android do not support XFA forms.  You need to use the desktop version of Acrobat Reader on a Windows or Mac computer to open or modify them.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2018 1