• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat erased my file

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been working on a pdf adding comments and highlighting, when all of sudden acrobat showed a message "file is empty 0kb" and quitted! The file is still there but inaccessbile, showing 0 kb size. I need to recover the data, its important for me. Thanks.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention, its acorbat reader on ipad 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi orens9400695​,

What is the version of Acrobat Reader?   Go to Settings > Adobe Acrobat > Version.

Would you please close an open PDF document first and force close Acrobat Reader?

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If it doesn't work, please restart your iPad/iPhone.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Is the file size back to non-zero?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I restarted the ipad, the file is still 0.

The version was updated yesterday so im not sure what was the version when

the bug happend.

The current(updated) version is 18.01.15(180932) so maybe one version down

from this one.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi orens9400695​,

What is the iOS version on your iPad 2?  Is it iOS 9.3.5 or older?

Where is the PDF document stored?  Is it stored locally on your iPad ("Local") or cloud storage (e.g. Adobe Document Cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive)?

Do you open the PDF document from "Recent", "Local", or something else?

Location Chooser.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

ios version 9.3.5

File is stored locally, i open it from "local"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have experienced this as well with the latest release from friday the 11th. 

Another issue we have is trying to send the form via email.  Its dropping the attachment while sending the email.  If you check the sent items in your mail client, there is no attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**ATTENTION** (get mad I’m using caps, because I’m extremely pissed ADOBE!!!!)

Adobe Acrobat_ version 18.01.15

_iOS iPad Air 2 = 11.2.2

_iOS iPhone 7 = 11.2.2

*This is a common occurrence recently, not sure if it is the updated Adobe or Updated iOS.

I use Adobe Reader to edit fillible PDF forms, for WORK. We use these forms for Fire Protection. Customers need our reports immediately and since we started yesterday (on a 5day trip across a state, that is not our current living state, it is very very important to get a fix on this)

*I have the same problems, via iPad, switched to iPhone and same thing happened. I havel restarted both devices, deleted both Adobe apps, signed out of my adobe accounts on both devices, cleared all local/recent files on both devices. still after filling out all the information i need on the PDF, press back to save or open in to our email it shows a Fail and deletes all typed information. We have good connections/networks.

I thought i was the only Technician to have this happen too and x3 other techs are having same issues, but did not say anything. I have reached out to IT support on our side and they do not have any fix.

*please please get a quick fix on this, we are continuing more buildings today and i have to use a 3rd party PDF app which is NOT useful at all and i am spending about 50% more time per file on it, rather then Adobe PDF which is more user friendly. Feel free to reach out to me as well if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi orens9400695​, uspcnet, Cart3r27,

We are actively working on a fix for the problem.

We have determined that pending changes are lost when you (a) switch to other apps or (b) let your device go to sleep.

To work around the problem, please close your PDF document by tapping the < (Back) button to save changes before switching to other apps or letting your device go to sleep.

We will try to release a new update to the App Store as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi orens9400695, uspcnet, Cart3r27, donkelley32​,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.01.22 to the App Store.

The new version contains the fix for the problem that you have experienced.

Would you please give it a try and give us feedback?

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A version has been updated weeks ago

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my IPad is dong the same thing an it isnt because i am switching between apps. If i close out adobe then it deletes everything i just addd. It seems that is i change more that one field block at a time then it will automatically revert back to the beginning saved info. I lost an entire time sheet and have had to redo it several times. This is becoming a very frustrating issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines