Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat mobile & document cloud sync

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is there a way to stop acrobat offloading my documents to the cloud from my iPad?

i have a lot of large references I keep there and download over WiFi but they disappear randomly. My iPad has lots of space so it's not a free space issue. 

thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , iOS , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Use these guidelines as a reference and see if you can spot where the issue is: 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobat/ios/en/openfiles.html#cloud-storage

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206481

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

thanks for replying. The issue isn't opening files in acrobat, my files are safely uploaded to the document cloud.

for some reason I cannot fathom, acrobat keeps deleting the local copy of these files that has been cached from document cloud and making me download them again. This is problematic as I need them for work and there is no signal or WiFi where I work.

my iPad has 512 go of space, and around 400gb free, so it isn't like space is a concern.

none of the files are altered in document cloud, their contents is mainly reference.

why does acrobat choose to do this? I have a creative cloud subscription active. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, in that case, if it helps I use AndroidOS, but what I do to avoid that is to save my PDFs to my external SD Card as the default Cache Cloud location instead of my mobile device internal memory. 

This way I always have control of the files in my device locally and avoid the file synchronization issue accross devices with the Document Cloud.

But the main reason is because when I choose to do the same with my mobile device's internal memory, it seems like the Acrobat Reader respects too much how the OS handles this partition as  a secured and encrypted  location;  it doesn't grant me ( nor my other apps)  the felixibility to  manage my PDFs as freely, specially  if  I  want to use a different app to open the same PDFs, like Adobe Scan, Adobe Phot Mix, Adobe Sign, etc.

So I've just decided not to use these apps nor any other cloud service integration until these cloud integration problem gets resolved.

I've seen a lot of iOS users also concerned about seeing their files in their device but not able to  physically having access to their  PDFs.

So it is my very personal opinion that this could be related, but that  is just a guess.

In addition, when I put all my files in a folder outisde of the restricted internal memory storage I get the ability to even use third party file managers to move around my files wherever I want them to be. Plus it allows me to categorize files by a tree folder structure that is way better than the current mobile app file organization capability.

An additional observation though, I've also seen this behavior if, for example, you use your subscription ID to sign in in more than two computer devices.

Since you cannot use the same subscription in two or more devices simultaneously you always have to sign out from one device in order to activate that same subscription of Acrobat in another computer.

So what I've seen is that every single time that you do that, all your recent files, starred filed, etc, dissappear from the Recent Home View, forcing you to re-open files again in Acrobat one by one.

And even more so, you can see for yourself, if you even use a VPN that changes country or a browser with Proxy capability to change country regions, you would even get 2 step verification methods, the "I'm not a robot" crap verification, sending you a text code to login after  verifying the last 4 of your phone, etc.

Basically forcing you to deactivate the same computer that you just used behind a proxy from your account.adobe.com/plans portal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines