• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader app on older iPads with IOS 10.3.3

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a number of iPads that cannot be updated beyond ios 10.3.3 This means that the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader app which requires ios 11.2 or higher will not open at all. I have an iPad running Adobe Acrobat Reader 18.03.11 which works fine, but I updated an iPad with the latest version and it will not open. Is it possible to find a version that works with ios 10.3.3.? There must be loads of older iPads around to which this issue applies so what should these owners do?

Is there a suitable version on Appstore?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe , iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Telemetrac​,

Yes, that is correct.  The system requirement for the latest Acrobat Reader 18.10.02 is iOS 11.2 or later.

The latest compatible version of Acrobat Reader for the iPads/iPhones running iOS 10.3.3 is 18.07.30, not 18.03.11.

1. Sign into App Store using the Apple ID that was used to download and install older versions of Acrobat Reader.
  2. Launch the App Store app on the iPhone/iPad.
  3. In the App Store app, go to "Purchased".
  4. Update to the latest compatible version of Acrobat Reader (which is 18.07.30).

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the iPad I want to load Adobe Acrobat Reader on, it doesn't appear that any earlier versions were installed. Thus no previous purchases. Therefore, the only choice I am given is 18.10.02 which won't install. There does not seem to be a way to find version 18.07.30 download and install it. If the version history had links to an installable version that would be easy especially if the latest version gave the necessary version of ios required and maybe a link eg. for ios 10.3.3 load 18.07.30

How does a 4th Generation iPad install Adobe Acrobat Reader the first time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, we are no way forward and still need PDF reader.

Noted there are many other PDF readers not by Adobe available. Do we have to use one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Apple does not allow the iOS users to freely download any older versions of Acrobat Reader from the App Store.  It must be either the latest version or the last compatible version.

Other users with the devices running older iOS versions have the same problem.

Re: Hey, so i have an ipad 4 and was wondering if i would be able to download an older version compa...

The important point here is to use the existing Apple ID that is associated with the older versions of Acrobat Reader to download and install the last compatible version from the "Purchased" section of the App Store app on an iPhone/iPad.

Unless you have such Apple ID, you will not be able to install an older version of Acrobat Reader for the first time.  That's what Apple does with iOS apps.  Sorry about that.

You should be able to find other PDF viewer apps with the system requirement for older iOS versions (such as iOS 10.3.3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. so I have to sign the current user out, sign in as user of an iPad that has Adobe Acrobat Reader then go to "purchased" and then download the latest compatible version and install. Then sign out, and sign in normal user.

Will this work or has Apple got further unpleasantnesses lurking in the process?

I quite like Apple stuff but I am very tempted by Android. This is the sort of bloody-minded stupidity that is bad for a company's reputation. Just greed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Answered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I kinda get it, other software sunsets but if you can install it it still works. And that doesn't change the fact that a perfectly working machine becomes a paperweight when you cannot download apps. There was another app through the App Store that prompted me to download the most recent compatable version, I don't think this issue is with apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines