• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader for Android doesn't show the folder structure

Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I view files on my iPad, Read displays the folder structure. For reference, here is how it is set up on my Mac. All of these files are in a dropbox folder. I made a QR code and scanned the code using both an iPad and a Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 3.44.48 PM.png

Here is the same set of folders viewed on my iPad.

IMG_957677B890EC-1.jpeg

And here is how the same set of folders looks on a Samsung Galaxy Tab. The UI is totally different, the folder names are displayed very small (and not obviously folder names), and only those folders which contains PDFs are listed. So parent folders that don't contain any PDFs in their top level (such as Fuel) are omitted. Plus, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for how the folder names are organized. It's not alphabetically.

IMG_9829.jpeg

Why the inconsistency? I need the entire folder structure displayed. Is this an option anywhere for the Android version?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks. I'll have to try using other PDF readers to find one that will display the folder structure.

I am using Reader 19.0.0.8512

Android version 8.1.0

Oh, and by the way, when I tap on "Online Support Forum" within the Reader app, I get a pop-up notification that I will be taken to a third party site not operated by Adobe... and it takes me to the Acrobat User Voice page. I guess that explains why people use that site as a support forum...

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey DocumentGeek,

I am sorry for the trouble you had, the currently available option is a designed behavior of Adobe Reader mobile app on Android.

What is the current version of the Adobe Reader app installed?

What is the version of Android OS installed?

I will check with the product team to get more information around this and will share an update.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks. I'll have to try using other PDF readers to find one that will display the folder structure.

I am using Reader 19.0.0.8512

Android version 8.1.0

Oh, and by the way, when I tap on "Online Support Forum" within the Reader app, I get a pop-up notification that I will be taken to a third party site not operated by Adobe... and it takes me to the Acrobat User Voice page. I guess that explains why people use that site as a support forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello DocumentGeek,

The current UI is a designed behavior of Adobe Reader Android app. If you want a folder level view, you may invoke the system file browser from Adobe Reader app using the “More Locations” option under “Files”.

You may use the user voice/ Adobe Wish form to file a feature request Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines