• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat reader not allowing my button links to operate on an interactive pdf - on a iPhone and iPads

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All, does anyone else have this issue?

I am making interactive pdfs from InDesign, exporting as interactive pdf, I have my buttons on layers and linked. When I check them on my mac before sending to client the links all work. Once they are sent out over an email system the links do not work for ipads and iphones. Android is OK :)!! Any ideas....

I am using indesign v16 2021

Adobe Acrobat pro version 2020.013.20064

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tina,

Thank you for reaching out.

As per your description above, the links work on Android devices but not on iOS.

Could you please share the PDF with us so we can check it on our end?

Also, share the Acrobat Reader and OS version on your device.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank s for the offer of help.

I am using Adobe acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.013.20064

IMac Big Sur 11.0.1

InDesign 2021

I cannot share the pdf, it is for a school.

I have made pdfs for years in the smae way. I use create button commands so I do not rely on the auto code from Indesign, I export with standard interactive pdf settings. but it will not work on Apple ipads, iphones... This is driving me crazy!!! as it is affecting more than one client. If I publish online from indesign all the interactive elements work.

Links worked for these clients at the start of the year.... so is there something in the indesign update that has knocked it out? or something in Acrobat.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tina,

Im having the same problem currently! After a good bit of research it is apparently because the Ipad and Iphone IOS doesnt understand the action programmed to buttons. The only current solution I can find is hyperlinking a text box or image to the page you want it to skip to - which will be labour intensive if you have a large doc. Hopefully apple sort this out its a nightmare! I have a 790 page doc I want a button on.... days into hyperlinking everything I think im going mad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines