• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader Version 18.09.13 for iPad Freezes on Home Page

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted a couple replies describing the same problem. You're not alone.

I have an iPad Pro 12.9 / 2nd gen running iOS 11.4.1.

The iPad automatically updated AR today, 10/2, to version 18.09.13. I launched it and the app gets stuck on the Home page. I tried to press any icon, button, etc and nothing happens. AR is completely frozen. I can't access the files at all. Annoying!

I restarted the iPad a couple of times but that had no effect, whatsoever. It seems that a lot of people are having this problem with the iPad specifically. NOTE: the same version runs fine on my iPhone 6s with the same iOS.

In the meantime, I connected the iPad to iTunes and in the File Sharing window I dragged and dropped all my PDF files into a folder on my Mac just as a precaution, in case I have to delete the current version and reinstall it.

Adobe, please listen to us iPad folks, get on the stick, and fix this.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am really sorry that you encountered this problem. We have just released a fix for this to the app store. Several users have verified that it fixes the hang while loading the Home view. Can you please let us know if it solves your problem as well?

‎Adobe Acrobat Reader on the App Store

Thank you again!

Pat

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

Problem fixed or rather it fixed itself. An Adobe tech guy contacted me and had me try really the same thing I tried before. I thought what’s the harm. I’ll try it again. I just rebooted the iPad and waited 3-5 minutes like he advised. At first, the same thing happened. Interesting I noticed the system clock at the top didn’t change during the 3-5 minutes, while it was up. I didn’t quit it but I put it in the background. I came back to AR and it still was frozen but the clock updated itself. Literally it was like starring at a screenshot jpeg. I then went out of the app again and came back to it and voila, AR started working as normal. I was able to go through any menu, open any file, etc. So I don’t know what happened or what I did except toggle with it a bit, but it just started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you help me in that issue more? , I don’t understand what can I do exactly.   Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently a lot of people are having this issue with the 18.09.13 update of Adobe Acrobat. Like I said in my update, the problem kind of solved itself. After numerous times of rebooting the iPad, I finally had success later in the day after Adobe emailed me. Also I'd recommend you submit a bug report if you continue having problems. Anyway, following their instructions I did this:

1. Turn ON wifi from device “Settings”

2. Reboot the device

3. Launch Acrobat and wait like 3-5 minutes

I left Acrobat open (didn't quit it) for about 5 minutes. I just went "in and out" of it a couple of times, but didn't quit it. Then suddenly upon returning to AR it came to life and wasn't stuck or frozen anymore. Everything was as before with a new look or interface.

The Adobe tech guy described it as, "It seems like some sort of network reachability issue."

I assume AR might have to stay open for a while after the update is installed in order for the new version to activate. I don't know for sure.

Hope this works for you or anybody reading this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting.  I had similar problem with my iPhone running ios 11.4.1.   Since updating the app this morning, the app would just freeze on the home screen when opening the app.   Followed your description and have it working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the suggested solution.  It didn't work for me.  The App closed completely all by itself when I tried

leaving it open for the suggested 3 to 5 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am really sorry that you encountered this problem. We have just released a fix for this to the app store. Several users have verified that it fixes the hang while loading the Home view. Can you please let us know if it solves your problem as well?

‎Adobe Acrobat Reader on the App Store

Thank you again!

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the new version fixed the problem for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! While I regret the issue, I am always happy to see resolution 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines