• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader won't open with iOS 10 on an iPad

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS 10 was installed on my iPad yesterday, and I cannot now open Adobe Acrobat Reader. Sometimes the front 'Acrobat Reader' page appears, then freezes and crashes. More rarely, after a delay the list of files will either appear but then immediately disappear or will appear for a monent, then crash and disappear when I try to open one. I would appreciate help urgently as I keep a lot of material in Acrobat Reader and at present the system is completely unworkable.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nicholasb50188782

The new version 16.09.21 that is available on App store.

Please update the application and let us know if you experience any issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rebooting. I had a similar problem with the mail program. Only a reboot fixed the problem. I am using Acrobat Pro on three separate iPads running iOS 10 with no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard rebooting just won't help. After keeping the button pressed for a while, it will just give me a blue screen and it won't reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you turning the iPad off and restarting. That is not my recommendation. Hold the Top button and the home button until the iPad turns itself off. It cannot hurt to Force Quit all running apps before rebooting the iPad. Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mike,

thank you for your advice, but rebooting (in a way you are suggesting) does not help. I did it twice and the app keeps either crashing soon after I open it, or not opening at all...

Something really should be done about that!  It is a shame that it takes so long for Adobe to provide an explanation how we access our documents...

by the way, there is another active forum thread about the same issue. With no answers from Adobe too... Here is the link: The app keeps crushing when viewing, scrolling, editing...etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Same Problem. Rebooting does not help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. After update on the 16th September it would crash 10-15seconds after opening.

Installed IOS 10 today in hopes that may fix the problem, but now it crashes on start screen, before opening.

Help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem.  I have turned my iPad on and off several times to no success.  Will an update to your app be released ASAP as I have 2,500 documents that are not accessibl?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's interesting to see that others have the same problem. I'm afraid rebooting has had no effect whatever on my iPad - my documents are still trapped because Adobe Reader won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It started when my adobe acrobat reader on iPad Air 2 was automatically updated to the latest version on the 17th of September. I noticed that an update information says that this version is compatible with iOS 10. So I have downloaded and installed iOS 10, but nothing changed. In the beginning the reader was very very slow, and at some point it stopped opening. The app crashes after a few seconds pause every time I try to open it. I turned my iPad off and on, but it did not help... Please help to fix this issue. It is extremely important for me, since I have ~4K PDF files saved on Adobe Acrobat Reader and I have to use them in my academic work almost everyday... What should I do to make it work again?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my iPhone 6.  I cannot believe adobe could push out an update that breaks there app.  I have over 46 gigs of pdf's for my business I cannot access.  It's been over 24 hours and no one from adobe has even commented here on their own forum about this.  If it were up to me the project manager for iOS would be fired or demoted, I know that won't happen, but it should.  Adobe, If there were a viable alternative out there I would have deleted your app yesterday and not looked back.  Tomorrow there may be a viable option, consider that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening to anyone with just a few PDF's.  It seems everyone who can't open adobe reader has a large PDF collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have only a handful of documents and books and it continues to crash on me. I had studied an entire page and the app crashed. It continues to have issues. I hope they have a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has new updates out there for test flight. I have an invitation to test a copy, and I hope more people do as well.Trouble is I need to back up all my files to a computer before installing the new version, as it is a reinstall and not an update, so there is a chance that my files will be lost. I will have access to a computer for back up tonight Sydney time. I hope to install the new version, re load my files and have it working correctly.  Let's hope there are some others doing a test flight too, and maybe the update will come out before I need to do anything. 

Sent from Outlook on my iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had a large amount of PDF's and have been going through the same issues. I have tried all the prescribed fixes to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nicholasb50188782

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused due this problem.

Our Adobe Acrobat Reader development team is investigating on this.

If you wish you can transfer your documents to work on. Refer this thread link : How to backup and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now we know that adobe just shuts down on the weekend, leaving all of us in the lurch till Monday.  And let's not forget it takes time for Apple to approve updates.  I honestly cannot believe this.  I had assumed a team was working on this all weekend, but no they just found out this morning.  Once again, whoever was responsible for saying yes it's time to push out this update without at least loading it on several phones to see if it works should be let go.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going on four days, no fix, no news. if you can't fix Adobe Reader today please give us an estimate of how long it will take.  Adobe you actually owe your customers that and since you host this forum, you have a platform to tell us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Billyb, Adobe generally does not announce new versions (including fixes) until they are ready. Otherwise, they among other things will get complaints when/if they do not make the date. Fixing software is not straight forward. Even when they can find the cause, they have to make sure that the fix doesn't fix something else that does not need fixing. What you want is for Adobe to acknowledge the problem and if it takes a long time to fix an acknowledgement that they are working on the fix. Depending upon the software company and the specific software, and their time table for posting fixes, they may delay posting a fix until they get several fixes together. You may want a fix ASAP. A big client corporation may want updates on a time table since every new version has to be evaluated before being deployed. Adobe must balance their own needs and the needs of their disparate customer base. That is not to say I am unsympathetic. Fortunately, there are many different programs for reading pdfs and perhaps you can make do with another until Adobe manages to post a fix. Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im just upset a huge multinational corporation issued an update which stopped  (judging by the comments in the apple Store) a large number of there customers from being able to access there data, Adobe reader is an app people depend on.  They should have tested the update thoughly to see if it worked and evidently they missed a few items because the app is bricked.  How many Docter's or paramedics couldn't read probably important PDF's minutes after that update. 

The point is Adobe is seriously inconveniencing there customer base and probably should at least attempt to be slightly helpful by trying to give us an approximate eta.   I'm sorry if I'm ranting but the thought of moving 46 gigs of carefully sorted pdf's is maddening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing exactly same problem and have no idea how long it will continue?

At least some two important questions should be answered by who so ever responsible is

1 estimated time to resolve the issue

2 is it possible to uninstall the last update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeewan, I am totally with you. These questions have to be answered ASAP! The situation is more than annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have submitted an update that resolves the crashing problems introduced in 16.09.20. We’re awaiting approval from Apple.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sensational, thank you.Can you please let the forum know when it is up, as an update?

Regards

Terry.

Sent from Outlook on my iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines