Highlighted

Acrobat Reader won't open with iOS 10 on an iPad

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS 10 was installed on my iPad yesterday, and I cannot now open Adobe Acrobat Reader. Sometimes the front 'Acrobat Reader' page appears, then freezes and crashes. More rarely, after a delay the list of files will either appear but then immediately disappear or will appear for a monent, then crash and disappear when I try to open one. I would appreciate help urgently as I keep a lot of material in Acrobat Reader and at present the system is completely unworkable.

Hi nicholasb50188782

The new version 16.09.21 that is available on App store.

Please update the application and let us know if you experience any issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Reader won't open with iOS 10 on an iPad

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS 10 was installed on my iPad yesterday, and I cannot now open Adobe Acrobat Reader. Sometimes the front 'Acrobat Reader' page appears, then freezes and crashes. More rarely, after a delay the list of files will either appear but then immediately disappear or will appear for a monent, then crash and disappear when I try to open one. I would appreciate help urgently as I keep a lot of material in Acrobat Reader and at present the system is completely unworkable.

Hi nicholasb50188782

The new version 16.09.21 that is available on App store.

Please update the application and let us know if you experience any issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2016 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Please help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2016 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rebooting. I had a similar problem with the mail program. Only a reboot fixed the problem. I am using Acrobat Pro on three separate iPads running iOS 10 with no issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2016 1
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard rebooting just won't help. After keeping the button pressed for a while, it will just give me a blue screen and it won't reboot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2016 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you turning the iPad off and restarting. That is not my recommendation. Hold the Top button and the home button until the iPad turns itself off. It cannot hurt to Force Quit all running apps before rebooting the iPad. Mike

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2016 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mike,

thank you for your advice, but rebooting (in a way you are suggesting) does not help. I did it twice and the app keeps either crashing soon after I open it, or not opening at all...

Something really should be done about that!  It is a shame that it takes so long for Adobe to provide an explanation how we access our documents...

by the way, there is another active forum thread about the same issue. With no answers from Adobe too... Here is the link: The app keeps crushing when viewing, scrolling, editing...etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2016 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Same Problem. Rebooting does not help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2016 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. After update on the 16th September it would crash 10-15seconds after opening.

Installed IOS 10 today in hopes that may fix the problem, but now it crashes on start screen, before opening.

Help!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2016 0