• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

add qualified timestamp

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I add a qualified timestamp to my PDF on the go (via iPhone)?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "qualified", exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact that company and ask them how to implement it for PDF files. They probably have some kind of DRM-backed certificate that allows a document to be certified in a secure way. You'll probably need to pay for it, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told by Adobe to contact the forum 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're just passing the buck... You can use a certificate to do it, but if it needs to be a specific one then you need to get it from the company that issues it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a qualified signature but it does not contain a Timestamp per se - you need to implement it somehow - I know how to do it with sign live cc but not how to do it on the go....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital signatures contain the current time by default. However, it's not certified in any way, as it's just the current system time and can be set to anything before applying it. A certificate might have a web-server support that makes sure the timestamp is correct, but it's not something you can do yourself. Either it exists or it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is exactly the issue! But is there a Timestamp portal that provides such a Time Stamp from the Server side via the Web - I have not found one yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines