• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe acrobat app does not work after last update, why?

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running ios 12 on my ipad.

Since yesterdays update I cannot open my app. I get a white home scree with a buffering symbol for about 4 min & the the screen goes black & the app closes.

I tried rebooting my ipad, with no benefit.

I backed up my ipad to itunes, deleted & re installed the app then restored my ipad, but i still have the same thing happening when I try to open the app.

I have a number of very important documents on this app, but at this point I cannot access anything.  This is very frustrating!

How can i fix this issue?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi almudnam41569293​,

If you uninstall Acrobat (or any other iOS app), the operating system will delete all of associated local data (including your local documents).  I am so sorry.

Do you have iCloud backup?  If you have backup, you can restore it by following the instructions below.

iCloud: Restore or set up iOS devices from iCloud

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trevork71506742, thank you for submitting your question, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Could you please try an approach listed in this thread as a potential solution? https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2542064

Thank you for your patience,

Riadiani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, I followed the instructions provided but the problem remains. Will Adobe be pushing out an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, after the updating I can not find my files. I have desintalled the program several times without any success!! I need your help..

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi almudnam41569293​,

If you uninstall Acrobat (or any other iOS app), the operating system will delete all of associated local data (including your local documents).  I am so sorry.

Do you have iCloud backup?  If you have backup, you can restore it by following the instructions below.

iCloud: Restore or set up iOS devices from iCloud

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I do not have icloud back up!!

It was deleted due to the updating of Adobe!!! I never desinstalled it...

This situation happened last year with another updating adobe!

When there is an updating why don’ t you warn about these possible situations?

So there is not possible to get it?

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Almudnam,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please try once the steps mentioned  below:

- Launch the application and go to the Files option provided at the bottom of the window.

- Now, tap on "Location" from the top left corner of the window.

- Select the location from where you wish to open the document.

Check if you can find the documents listed there.

If you had uninstalled the application without creating a backup, then it is not possible to restore the files that were saved on Local.

Uninstalling the application deletes the local files associated with the application on an iOS device.

However, you can still access the document that was saved on Document Cloud or other location that you had added to the application.

If you are still experiencing an issue in locating the documents, please update the thread.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines