• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat app keeps "unexpectedly quitting.

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat keeps "unexpectedly quitting" when I try to open the app. This has just been in the past 24 hours. Anyone else dealing with this? I am afraid to remove and re download the app as I don't want to risk losing my files! I updated my iPad after the problem started hoping that would help, but it hasn't. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carliey27197057​,

I am sorry to hear that you've been experiencing the problem.

We are unable to reproduce the problem at our end.  But we would like to gather more information from you so that we can investigate further and find a fix.

Would you please provide more information about the problem?

• What is the iOS version on your iPad?  (Check iOS Settings > General > About > Version.)
  • What is the version of Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad?  (Check iOS Settings > Adobe Acrobat > Version.)
  • What is your iPad model?  Is it an iPad Air 1, Air 2, Pro or something else?
  • Do you see the following dialog when you re-launch Acrobat?
    HockeyAppPrompt.png
  • Does the problem occur when you (a) launch Acrobat Reader without opening a PDF document or (b) open a PDF document?
  • If your answer is (b), does the problem occur with a particular document or all documents on your iPad?

Unfortunately, we do not have a fix for this problem for the moment.

Would you please try one of the workarounds suggested below to see if it helps?

(a) Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

(b) Back up local files, uninstall Acrobat, re-install Acrobat, and restore the files

How to back up and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes

Making backup copies of your local PDF documents may sound scary.  But it is actually a good thing to do regularly to avoid accidental data loss.  Or if your iPad stops working due to a hardware problem, you will lose all your documents stored locally on your iPad.  A backup/copy operation will not destroy the existing local files on your iPad.

You can try backing up your local files then uninstall Acrobat only if you've made sure that your files are correctly backed up on your Windows or Mac computer.

(c) Upload your local files to cloud storage (e.g. Adobe Document Cloud, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Google Drive, etc.), uninstall Acrobat, and re-install Acrobat

Note: This may not work well for you, if your iPad is offline frequently or does not have stable network connection.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your quick response.

IOS is 10.3.3, I did the most recent update after I had already started experiencing touble with AA.

AA version is 17.07.25

I believe I have the original iPad Air.

I see the "unexpectedly quit" dialogue box a few seconds after I open AA. The last PDF I was looking at shows up and then the screen goes black and I get the dialogue box.

I have already tried tried turning off and turning back on my iPad but that did not fix the issue.

I have some of my documents uploaded to the adobe document cloud but frequently have trouble getting those files to open. I will try following the link above to back up files To my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines