• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader app on Android phone does not recognize printer.

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Acrobat Reader app, on my Android phone, will not recognize my printer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I have rebooted my devices and nothing has fixed this problem. My printer and phone are working otherwise, so this must be an issue with the app. Can someone help?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mamalove81,

Could you please confirm the OS version of your Android device?

Also, refer to the help document Adobe Acrobat Reader Help for Android: Print, share, email  to check the exact steps to follow.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OS is Marshmallow. I also reviewed the instructions for printing a PDF. I know how to print a PDF, so this was unnecessary. The app is not recognizing my printer, as previously stated.

Still need assistance, as this is still unresolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please help us with the Printer's make and model number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy to! It is a HP Deskjet 3510 e-All-in-One Printer, model number: VCVRA-1222.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information.

We have escalated this to our tech experts and will get back to you as soon as will get an update on the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please confirm that you have downloaded the 'HP Print Service Plugin' from the Google PlayStore and updated it to the latest version?

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have. I can print other things from my phone with no problems, as previously stated. It is just the app that is giving me problems, nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There hasn't been a reply on this in several hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I see that you are an Adobe employee, and that you have logged in today. Can you please help me with this issue? I answered your last question.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to share the screenshot of what you observe? I am able to successfully locate our test HP printer with the HP Print Service Plugin app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy to provide you with screenshots, if you can provide me with your email address. There is no way for me to upload screenshots to our conversation here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see in the first screenshot, I only have the option of saving as

a PDF. The doc is already saved on my phone. When I click "All Printers",

it begins searching for a printer, as shown in the second screenshot. It

will continue to search, until I stop it, but it never finds my printer.

Jessie Love

Elementary Educator at Love Academy

Freelance Writer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are unable to view the screenshot. Please provide the same at acrobat-android-support@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent the screenshots to the address you provided.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent screenshots in a reply to the email I received for this conversation. Hopefully they come through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "Print" option only shows Google Print, which is sort of disabled with the security loss of ePrint.
"Share" shows Dropbox and HP Print Services, but complains that the file is corrupted.

From Android "Files", I can use the three-point icon to share the pdf file to HP Print Services, which prints as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines