• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat reader has stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On April 11th 2019, I posted a one-star review of Adobe Acrobat reader on the Google play store. 

Original narrative.

[STOPPED WORKING. Since the last update, it will no longer open using the program icon. I can still open it from other sources, but can no longer access my file list. This is one of my favorite programs that I use every day. Please HELP! Moto Z Force Droid. Most current Android system, up to date. April 11, 2019.]

Adobe responded requesting more information on how I was able to make the program work.

Here is my response.  (Much too long for the Google play store.)

HOW THE APPLICATION DOES NOT WORK.

Tapping the program icon results on an error message stating that “Adobe Acrobat has stopped”, or “Adobe Acrobat keeps stopping”.  This means that I cannot access my ‘recent’ file list or any other files or folders that would be available from the program main page.

HOW I CAN GET THE APPLICATION TO WORK.

1. I can open Adobe Scan to capture a document which, once saved in the Scan program, will open, if desired, in the Acrobat program. 

2. I can open a PDF file in a ‘cloud file service’ such as Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive in that service’s native PDF viewer and then choose the option to reopen it in Adobe Acrobat reader.

3. I can open a PDF in an email program, for example, Gmail or Outlook, and since Adobe Acrobat reader is my default PDF viewer, the file will open directly in Adobe Acrobat reader.

4. As long as I do not close the document (once opened) in the Acrobat program, I can return to it even after demoting Acrobat to a background process, but I can never close the document to gain access to the file list.

INFORMATION ON MY SYSTEM.

Hardware: Moto Z  Force Droid.

System software updated to: OCL27.76-69-6-3.

Applied - November 14, 2018, at 01:59.

I HAVE USED ADOBE ACROBAT READER for a very long time, and only since the latest update has there been any problem.  Thank you for your care and help in seeking a solution to this issue.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for contacting us.  We have just released a version of the Acrobat Reader application that addresses this concern. Please update your installation from the Play Store and let us know if this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Team Adobe Acrobat

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for contacting us.  We have just released a version of the Acrobat Reader application that addresses this concern. Please update your installation from the Play Store and let us know if this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Team Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update 19.2.1 on April 17, 2019 has corrected the issue.  I'm very Happy!  I have updated my review on Google Play Store to FIVE STARS.  This is once again the most useful app on my phone!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines