• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe disappeared from Files App on iPad

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the most recent Adobe for iPad (as of 19Nov2019) the app is no longer available on the Files app as an option to interact with, nor available from Safari to save PDF files to.

Please assist!

Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and export , iOS , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue has been solved with iOS update (13.2.3) which followed directly after this post.

#relieved!

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik,

Thank you for responding to my comments. Sorry for the delay. I was in a hurry to get my peperwork done so I started trying to "troubleshooting". Sorry I did not make any screenshots before I worked on it over the weekend. Now it is back. I am sharing what I did: 

I checked my other iDevices, the Acrobat folders were all there. I held on to the latest Acrobat updates to my other iDevices but one (iDevice 2). I updated the Acrobat app on iDevice 2. It went through and the Acrobat folder was still there. At this point, I got a sense the missing folder on my iDevice 1 was not caused by app update. I decided to 

1. Rebooted my iDevice1.

2. Checked: Acrobat folder was still missing.

3. Check iOS update for my device: Up to date.

4. Created a .pdf file and saved on my iDevice 1 -> I wanted to know where it would go, hoping to see the folder if I could see my file. /I have set it saved onto my iDevice 1 (not the clouds)./
5. Open .pdf file in Acrobat Reader

6. check Acrobat folder, the Acrobat folder was still missing. 

7. Exit Acrobat Reader

8. rebooted my iDevice 1.

9. Open the .pdf file from Acrobat Reader. 
10. Checked, found the folder. 

I can see the folder now and all my files are still there. Not sure what caused the folder missing (when I needed it).

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue has been solved with iOS update (13.2.3) which followed directly after this post.

#relieved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good... don't forget to mark your answer as correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem now, sadly. Today is 15th August 2022. I still able to open from adobe reader. But unable to save directly from safary nor finding "adobe" on Files app. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nik Muhammad 2565073629jr Hello,

When you select a PDF on your files app, you can click on share-> Import to Acrobat to open the file directly on Acrobat Reader mobile.

The same procedure can be followed on Safari too. 

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Souvik.

The

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hii. The adobe folder itself does not show in files app after ipad os 16 update. But everything thats in adobe is still there. The problem here is if i want to share an entire folder of files arranged/saved in adobe, i cant and have to share individually from adobe. I want to know if it was showing previously, and still showing on iphone, after ios 16 update, why has it disappeared from files app in ipad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Adding to the topic,

What update exactly are referring to:

iOS Update?

Acrobat Mobile app update?

As for Safari, it has no relationship whatsoever with the Acrobat mobile app; you should also contact Apple Support and ask this same question there.

Are you saying that this only happened with Acrobat folders and not with folders and files from other programs in that iOS device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unaware about other programs folders as had not used them in files. But adobe has disappeared from files altogether. After ipad 16 os update. 

75A443D4-6288-45A8-8CD8-AE82E0CBF6F9.jpeg

 as you can see in this pic, the adobe is completely missing. The device is ipad pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm if this also happened to other folders that belong to other programs?

Just for troubleshooting purposes, we are trying to rule out, if the issue was triggered exclusively by the Adobe app or if the iOS operating system caused the issue on its own.

But in any case, it looks to me that some file settings that you had working before the iOS update reverted to a default state.

You may need to also check with Apple's release notes for that iOS version update to see if that is a known issue.

However, from what you're describing it looks like you also may need to get familiarized with how the  new iOS version that took over iPad is handling files and folders and re-enable that folder again.

You can also try by uninstalling the mobile app and reinstalling it (but before doing this, back up all the important PDFs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Supriya Sunda271629700bde,

Adding to what @ls_rbls said, you can check by adding Acrobat and Scan folders to the list of folders available.

You might want to click on the book icon on the top left and then check if Acrobat button is enabled.

Please check the below screenshot for reference:

files screenshot.jpg

Hope this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me but I could not tell if it was caused by Acrobat Reader app update or by iOS update. I can still see the Adobe Scan folder in the File app on my iOS but the Adobe Acrobat Reader: Edit PDF folder is missing in File app. 

My current figure:

iOS version: 16.3.1

Adobe Acrobat Reader: 23.02.01 (20230309.110623)

To answer your question re the folders, I haven't noticed other folders that belong to other programs have gone missing. 

Question re uninstall and re install again:

will I lose my files that was opened by Adobes Acrobat Reader ? 

Note that I cannot see the Acrobat folder. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MW28832212wmzg,

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the above screen shared by me? Wat you see will help us understand the scenario better and provide assistance accordingly.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik,

Thank you for responding to my comments. Sorry for the delay. I was in a hurry to get my peperwork done so I started trying to "troubleshooting". Sorry I did not make any screenshots before I worked on it over the weekend. Now it is back. I am sharing what I did: 

I checked my other iDevices, the Acrobat folders were all there. I held on to the latest Acrobat updates to my other iDevices but one (iDevice 2). I updated the Acrobat app on iDevice 2. It went through and the Acrobat folder was still there. At this point, I got a sense the missing folder on my iDevice 1 was not caused by app update. I decided to 

1. Rebooted my iDevice1.

2. Checked: Acrobat folder was still missing.

3. Check iOS update for my device: Up to date.

4. Created a .pdf file and saved on my iDevice 1 -> I wanted to know where it would go, hoping to see the folder if I could see my file. /I have set it saved onto my iDevice 1 (not the clouds)./
5. Open .pdf file in Acrobat Reader

6. check Acrobat folder, the Acrobat folder was still missing. 

7. Exit Acrobat Reader

8. rebooted my iDevice 1.

9. Open the .pdf file from Acrobat Reader. 
10. Checked, found the folder. 

I can see the folder now and all my files are still there. Not sure what caused the folder missing (when I needed it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I might miss understood you. I reread your last response and saw your screenshot. I did not change anything there. Here's my setting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MW28832212wmzg Thank you for sharing the steps to resolve the issue.

Also, from the screenshot shared, you should be able to see the Acrobat Folder as it shows enabled. If you still do not see the Acrobat location, you should consult Apple Support.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for being there providing help.
It was kinda scary that it felt like I lost all of my files in the folder as I could not locate them. It was a whew event with a few days of worrisome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MW28832212wmzg Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines