• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe For Android

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a lot of "consumed time" in order to get to this forum when I used to be able to get my questions answered directly via "Send Email" to the developer. And having to check this form is an inconvenience for me because it consume more time than I have to give to get my answer!!!!

Now to my question: The most recent update to Adobe for Android has a new PERMISSION REQUIREMENT of "IDENTITY"!! Why do you need this permission? It is privacy invasive! What are you going to do with this PERMISSION? What information are you going to track about those who use this new version?

If I choose not to upgrade, will the Adobe Reader still work?

Sincerely

Bill

[personal information removed by moderator]

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bill,

I had same question as you?  Supposedly this permission allows you to login to all Adobe accounts at once, which is of no interest to me: here's my response back to them:. And I agree with your frustration in just having to use this forum!

You having my identity Information, just so I can sign in more easily to all your apps at once is not of importance to me.  I just don't see the advantage.  Since others have asked the same question, I have to guess this is not of importance to others.  However, if you have had this request by users, then I can see why you added it; if not, then please drop this Permission requirement, as it is just another invasion of privacy.  Please let me know your decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines