• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe mobile creates local file

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use adobe reader in my tablet samsung (android).

Sometimes when I open the file .PDF on "files", the app creates a local file. It's like:

in the "files" folder the name of the pdf appears as for example "abcde". And when I open it on adobe reader, appears on the top bar "abcde-1". So, adobe reader creates a local file for my file "abcde". The problem is that all the comments I make in the file, do not save in the original that was in the files folder.

Why adobe reader creates a local file? How can I stop that?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roddiem,

As you have mentioned above, when you open the file on Adobe Acrobat Reader, it creates a copy of the file with a new name.

It generally occurs when there is already a file with the same name saved in the application.

Please check if it occurs with all the PDFs that are saved "Files" folder on your device.

The comments that you add will be saved in the same document, which is open in the application.

As you have mentioned that the file name is changed in the application, it will not appear in the original PDF.

Could you please let us know how exactly you open the files in Adobe Acrobat Reader?

Please share the exact steps you do to open the PDF.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Meenakshi,

I have the same problem and already found out that the problem is related to the calling method required since Android.SDK 24.

This is how I open the pdf-file:

Uri befundUri = Build.VERSION.SdkInt >= BuildVersionCode.N ? FileProvider.GetUriForFile(context, "mydomain.fileprovider", file) : Uri.FromFile(file);    // !!!!!

Intend intent = new Intend(Intent.ActionView);

intend.AddFlags(ActivityFlags.NewTask);

intend.SetDataAndType(befundUri, "application/pdf");

intend.AddFlags(ActivityFlags.GrantReadUriPermission);

intend.AddFlags(ActivityFlags.GrantWriteUriPermission);

context.StartActivity(intend);

With android-version < 24 it opens with "file:///storage/emulated/0/AppChim/DAT/200029471.pdf"

The changes made are stored in the same file, everything is ok.

With android-version >=24 it opens with "content://winchim.appchim.fileprovider/external_files/AppChim/DAT/200029471.pdf"

Acrobat makes a new file into own local-store and leaves the original file unchanged (which is very bad!!!!)

Please could you either change this behaviour (which I would suggest, because the user expects the original file to be changed) or tell me how I could handle that problem properly.

Thank youRegards Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines