• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader 18.09.13 unresponsive to touch, hanged at the new ‘Home’

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the iPad 2017, in which I just updated to you latest version of Adobe Reader which is on 2nd October 2018, to version 18.09.13.  I’m facing a major issue that my touch itelf is not responsive.  Open the app it remains in the home of the app,  it says home at the top but when I toucht the screen around,  it does not respond at all.  Also I cannot afford to uninstall the app as all my data is stored in the app. How should I proceed? I’ve got a video showing this, if there was a way, I’d upload it and show you. Please find a way, I’m a student and use my tab solefy for my stufies, have an exam upcoming.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

There may be two different issues discussed in this thread, though both sound and appear similar. The first was a hang that happened on viewing the "Home" view. That issue has been resolved in 9.14. There is another issue, where scrolling through the file browser views is slow (and even non-responsive) for large numbers of files on older devices. We're actively working on this issue, though it's quite a bit more complicated and may take some time to fix properly. I apologize for both issues!

Pat

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nlpat016,

Could you try rebooting the iPad once if you haven't already and try launching Acrobat again? Does that help?

Also, could you share iOS version installed on the device? You can refer to the steps given in the following link for the same:

Acrobat Reader Help for iOS: FAQ

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS 12, I have tried to reboot. No avail. And I must add that this issue is faces by way too many people. It's something I believe from the software end during the update. It's too much in the adobe forum for iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the identical problem. I have an iPad Pro 12.9 /2nd gen running iOS 11.4.1. After the latest update, AR 18.09.13, I launch the app and it gets stuck on the Home page. The icon buttons don't respond and I can't access the files. I tried rebooting the iPad a few times and it has no effect (note: I don't have this problem on my iPhone 6s w/ the same iOS). Just in case I copied the files on the iPad to my Mac from the iTunes file sharing window. I hope Adobe realizes soon that they have a major bug with this update and releases a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same problem but now its ok.

turn on wif from settings, reboot ipad, then open the app and wait like 3-5 minutes and works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions, turned on wifi, rebooted, and then opened the app.  While waiting the few minutes as you suggested the app closes by itself!  I've done this process at least a dozen times with no success.  Hope a solution is found soon.  It would be nice if I could revert to the previous version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

REBOOTING SOLVED THE PROBLEM

I’m using an ipod Touch 6th generation with iOS12.

After this latest Adobe Reader update, in early Oct 2018, I had the same problem as described above. I turned the iOS completely off, a reboot, and after the reboot I turned WiFi off and on. This off and on may not have been needed but that’s what I did.

Then this latest Adobe Reader version became responsive to screen touches and I nothing was lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am really sorry that you encountered this problem. We have just released a fix for this to the app store. Several users have verified that it fixes the hang while loading the Home view. Can you please let us know if it solves your problem as well?

‎Adobe Acrobat Reader on the App Store

Thank you again!

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no benefit, there is a loading image when the app starts which just

remains so, there isn't any difference, can't open my books, I rephrase, it

doesn't show me my books itself, stuck on home tab. I'm getting the same

response on my old iPad Air, iOS 12. There isn't much benefit, I wish I

could downgrade.

Regards,

Nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s really odd.  The new version 18.09.14 that Pat Wibbeler so kindly provided the link for in his post #8 above worked great for my 3 ipads.  It took a few seconds for this new version to load but once it did all my files showed and were accessible.  Hope they find a good fix for you soon as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am not sure why, on my iPad 2017 the older version itself started working

somehow, after updating it does work, but my iPad Air is still showing the

issue.

Regards,

Nl

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018, 6:38 PM paulineb17312913 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also one more thing, I kept for updating my tab(it wasn't updated to

18.09.13, it was the working version), it downloaded it twice when I saw on

the app store. Once the circle was over, and the same repeated, not sure

what that was about, but it happened.

Regards,

Nl

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018, 6:38 PM paulineb17312913 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nl.  I’m a little confused by your message #12.  When you mention the working version I’m assuming you are referring to the one before 18.09.13 which was probably 18.07.30.  Since 18.07.30 two more versions were released 18.09.13 which was disastrous for many and then 18.09.14 which seems to be working for some users.  At first I wasn’t able to find 18.09.14 by just going to the App store.  I could only get it by using the link provided in post #8.  So this latest version 18.09.14 doesn’t work for you?  I’m just trying to sort out all these different versions and what works or doesn’t work in case some of my family members should ask and to help other readers of the message board posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 18.09.14 does not work for me. 18.09.13 was indeed disastrous for all,

but the 18.09.14, seemed to work for some. But I'm not in that list. It did

not work for me. That loading circle keeps on going on and on in 18.09.14

with nothing happening.

Regards,

Nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nl,

I am sorry to hear that Acrobat 18.09.14 did not fix your problem.  We would like your help in determining the cause of your problem.

Please check the Acrobat version and storage information on your iPad.

1. Go to iOS Settings > General > iPad Storage.
  2. Tap Acrobat.

Would you please provide the following information?

• Acrobat Version
  • App Size
  • Documents & Data

Do you have a large number of Local files that are stored on your iPad?

As you already know, you will lose all of your Local files if you uninstall Acrobat.  Would you please make backup copies of your Local files for safekeeping?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It finally started now on my tab, don't know how, anyway, it's highly

lagging on the iPad Air, the older version before this new style of home

was better. It's actually too laggy. Ruins the fun of using the app.

Regards,

Nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can downgrade, this is ruining the reading experience

entirely, can't even turn pages without seeing that lag. For older iPad's

this is a bad update.

Regards,

Nl

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018, 8:04 PM MobileDeveloperCK <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with me NL On iPad mini4.

Rebooted my iPad 2-3 times.

I made a back up  my files on iTunes  Saved all PDF documents on my laptop. Deleted acrobat reader(new version 14). Then downloaded the same version again on App Store and copied my files back to iPad mini4 from iTunes. Total 2.31GB, 1100 files. Still no good.

Scrolling down on Files>On this iPad, it still hangs. Can’t scroll down past a few files.

The 1 or 2 files that I managed to open, scrolls through the pages fine ONLY if accessed through RECENT files menu. Not if opened ON THIS IPAD.

wasting my time going back and forth on this forum to find a way out.

Cant figure out how this update was approved.

i am trialling my hands on other PDF readers, but after having used adobe for more than a decade, it’s hard to make the switch smoothly.

like You, I wish I could go back to the earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

There may be two different issues discussed in this thread, though both sound and appear similar. The first was a hang that happened on viewing the "Home" view. That issue has been resolved in 9.14. There is another issue, where scrolling through the file browser views is slow (and even non-responsive) for large numbers of files on older devices. We're actively working on this issue, though it's quite a bit more complicated and may take some time to fix properly. I apologize for both issues!

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines