Highlighted

Adobe reader 18.09.13 unresponsive to touch, hanged at the new ‘Home’

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the iPad 2017, in which I just updated to you latest version of Adobe Reader which is on 2nd October 2018, to version 18.09.13.  I’m facing a major issue that my touch itelf is not responsive.  Open the app it remains in the home of the app,  it says home at the top but when I toucht the screen around,  it does not respond at all.  Also I cannot afford to uninstall the app as all my data is stored in the app. How should I proceed? I’ve got a video showing this, if there was a way, I’d upload it and show you. Please find a way, I’m a student and use my tab solefy for my stufies, have an exam upcoming.

Hello,

There may be two different issues discussed in this thread, though both sound and appear similar. The first was a hang that happened on viewing the "Home" view. That issue has been resolved in 9.14. There is another issue, where scrolling through the file browser views is slow (and even non-responsive) for large numbers of files on older devices. We're actively working on this issue, though it's quite a bit more complicated and may take some time to fix properly. I apologize for both issues!

Pat

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe reader 18.09.13 unresponsive to touch, hanged at the new ‘Home’

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the iPad 2017, in which I just updated to you latest version of Adobe Reader which is on 2nd October 2018, to version 18.09.13.  I’m facing a major issue that my touch itelf is not responsive.  Open the app it remains in the home of the app,  it says home at the top but when I toucht the screen around,  it does not respond at all.  Also I cannot afford to uninstall the app as all my data is stored in the app. How should I proceed? I’ve got a video showing this, if there was a way, I’d upload it and show you. Please find a way, I’m a student and use my tab solefy for my stufies, have an exam upcoming.

Hello,

There may be two different issues discussed in this thread, though both sound and appear similar. The first was a hang that happened on viewing the "Home" view. That issue has been resolved in 9.14. There is another issue, where scrolling through the file browser views is slow (and even non-responsive) for large numbers of files on older devices. We're actively working on this issue, though it's quite a bit more complicated and may take some time to fix properly. I apologize for both issues!

Pat

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nlpat016,

Could you try rebooting the iPad once if you haven't already and try launching Acrobat again? Does that help?

Also, could you share iOS version installed on the device? You can refer to the steps given in the following link for the same:

Acrobat Reader Help for iOS: FAQ

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS 12, I have tried to reboot. No avail. And I must add that this issue is faces by way too many people. It's something I believe from the software end during the update. It's too much in the adobe forum for iOS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the identical problem. I have an iPad Pro 12.9 /2nd gen running iOS 11.4.1. After the latest update, AR 18.09.13, I launch the app and it gets stuck on the Home page. The icon buttons don't respond and I can't access the files. I tried rebooting the iPad a few times and it has no effect (note: I don't have this problem on my iPhone 6s w/ the same iOS). Just in case I copied the files on the iPad to my Mac from the iTunes file sharing window. I hope Adobe realizes soon that they have a major bug with this update and releases a fix soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same problem but now its ok.

turn on wif from settings, reboot ipad, then open the app and wait like 3-5 minutes and works

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions, turned on wifi, rebooted, and then opened the app.  While waiting the few minutes as you suggested the app closes by itself!  I've done this process at least a dozen times with no success.  Hope a solution is found soon.  It would be nice if I could revert to the previous version. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

REBOOTING SOLVED THE PROBLEM

I’m using an ipod Touch 6th generation with iOS12.

After this latest Adobe Reader update, in early Oct 2018, I had the same problem as described above. I turned the iOS completely off, a reboot, and after the reboot I turned WiFi off and on. This off and on may not have been needed but that’s what I did.

Then this latest Adobe Reader version became responsive to screen touches and I nothing was lost.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2018 0