• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader 18.10.02 unable to open a link that links to the attachment within a PDF

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF which has an attachment. I want to click the attachment name which is a link and then to open the attachment directly. But I only to find that I can't do this in Adobe Reader 18.10.02. The only way I can do is to click the 'Attachment' option from the menu bar.

But actually, I could click the attachment link to open the attachment directly on the previous version of Adobe Reader which is about one month ago.

can you help me? many thanks

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi allenz41086484​,

There are three different actions that the desktop version of Adobe Reader supports for links.

Adobe Reader mobile apps for iPhone and iPad / Android supports the first two but does not support opening a PDF document (including a PDF document with attachments) or any other types of files.

It sounds like you have tried a link to open a file.  But that was not the attachments problem that we've fixed in Acrobat Reader 18.11.00.

If you embed attachments in a PDF document using a PDF authoring app (e.g. Adobe Acrobat Pro), both desktop and mobile Acrobat Reader apps can open the attachments.

Hope this clarifies any confusion.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allenz,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We have recently released Adobe Acrobat Reader version 18.11.00 to the App store.

This release addresses the issue with the attachments in the PDF.

Please update the application to 18.11.00 version and let us know if that works for you.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Thanks for your response. I updated the Adobe Reader to V18.11.00 on my iPad and did the test. When I click the link in PDF, it has no response. That's being said, I still can't click the link to open the attachment.

Would you please do a test on your side or would you please show me a demo PDF which has the attachment function working on iPad?

Many thanks for your help!

Regards,

Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi allenz41086484​,

There are three different actions that the desktop version of Adobe Reader supports for links.

Adobe Reader mobile apps for iPhone and iPad / Android supports the first two but does not support opening a PDF document (including a PDF document with attachments) or any other types of files.

It sounds like you have tried a link to open a file.  But that was not the attachments problem that we've fixed in Acrobat Reader 18.11.00.

If you embed attachments in a PDF document using a PDF authoring app (e.g. Adobe Acrobat Pro), both desktop and mobile Acrobat Reader apps can open the attachments.

Hope this clarifies any confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Meenakshi,

Really appreciate your reply and maybe I had an incorrect memory about the function, and is there any possibility that the function (Open a file) will be added on iPad in the future?

Many thanks,

Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines