Highlighted

Adobe Reader - Android

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently started using Samsung Galaxy TAB E with Android OS 4.4.4.

There is one problem i am facing while using the Adobe Reader. Whenever I open the PDF file stored locally or at root level and started Highlighting the desired content of a file, it save automatically. On subsequent reference / opening the file, the highlighted text is available.

But if i replicate the same steps on file stored on Micro SD card, then the changes( highlighted text ), does not save automatically nor available while re-opening the file.

Please suggest the corrective path, so that I can use the TAB effectively. The TAB local storage is less as compared to Micro SD card.

Thanks

Hi Pankajr,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As the files are saved on the Micro SD card on your device, sorry to say it is not possible to make changes on that PDF.

The PDF saved on your Micro SD card are the read-only files. You cannot make any changes to those files.

You either need to save that file locally on your device or to Document Cloud.

Then you will be able to annotate PDFs and save the changes in that.

As you have mentioned that the local storage is less, I would suggest uploading the file to Document Cloud once you open it from Micro SD card.

Once the file is saved on Document Cloud, you can directly open the file from there and make the changes.

The changes will be saved to file in Document Cloud automatically.

You may also try to save the file locally on the device from the SD card.

When you open the file from the SD card, it gives you an option to create a local copy of the file.

Once the file is saved locally, you can make the changes to the file.

The changes will be saved in the file.

Later you can move that file from Local to SD card.

Check if that works for you.

Feel free to reach us if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Reader - Android

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently started using Samsung Galaxy TAB E with Android OS 4.4.4.

There is one problem i am facing while using the Adobe Reader. Whenever I open the PDF file stored locally or at root level and started Highlighting the desired content of a file, it save automatically. On subsequent reference / opening the file, the highlighted text is available.

But if i replicate the same steps on file stored on Micro SD card, then the changes( highlighted text ), does not save automatically nor available while re-opening the file.

Please suggest the corrective path, so that I can use the TAB effectively. The TAB local storage is less as compared to Micro SD card.

Thanks

Hi Pankajr,

As the files are saved on the Micro SD card on your device, sorry to say it is not possible to make changes on that PDF.

The PDF saved on your Micro SD card are the read-only files. You cannot make any changes to those files.

As you have mentioned that the local storage is less, I would suggest uploading the file to Document Cloud once you open it from Micro SD card.

Once the file is saved on Document Cloud, you can directly open the file from there and make the changes.

When you open the file from the SD card, it gives you an option to create a local copy of the file.

Regards,

Meenakshi

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 06, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pankajr,

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2018 0